Options for 'last remaining' daughter

lizq

Husband and I over here on a 410 visa (10 year, renewable retirement visa, but we are classed as temporary visitors), we have a son & daughter in Sydney, both of whom are being sponsored by work & are intending to apply for the PR during 2012.

We have one remaining daughter in the uk who is a 30 year old police officer.

What are her best options of getting her out here visa-wise?

If any of the oz police forces were recruiting she would apply but none are that we know of.

At present we are thinking that she should apply for a working holiday visa before she turns 31 (end of December 2011) then come out here on that at the end of 2012 but it seems a bit temporary.

Any suggestions or advice very much appreciated

Guest Guest31881

I suggest you contact an agent for advice. it may be possible for her to come over on a WHV and then apply for "Last remaining relative visa" It all depends on if she has any family or partners in the UK. if you contact an agent they may charge for a decent appointment and sort out her best options. You do not have to use an agent, but their advice could save you a lot of money in the long run.

Husband and I over here on a 410 visa (10 year, renewable retirement visa, but we are classed as temporary visitors), we have a son & daughter in Sydney, both of whom are being sponsored by work & are intending to apply for the PR during 2012.

We have one remaining daughter in the uk who is a 30 year old police officer.

What are her best options of getting her out here visa-wise?

If any of the oz police forces were recruiting she would apply but none are that we know of.

At present we are thinking that she should apply for a working holiday visa before she turns 31 (end of December 2011) then come out here on that at the end of 2012 but it seems a bit temporary.

Any suggestions or advice very much appreciated

From what you have posted, your daughter does not qualify as a remaining relative.

The powers that be were thinking about making 410 a permanent visa, but then health insurers insurers would not be able to put their hands in your pocket.

It is possible that your daughter does not currently qualify to apply for any permanent visa.

May I suggest that you put the full facts of the case to a registered migration agent for an opinion?

In response to the question on whether she has family/partner in uk. No, she's single and other than aunts/uncles her immediate CLOSE family i.e. us (parents) and her only brother & sister will all be living in Australia - hopefull those two will have pr within the next year or so.

Am thinking a migration agent might be the answer although always found the immigration department very helpful when we were applying for our 410.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond

From what you have posted, your daughter does not qualify as a remaining relative.

The powers that be were thinking about making 410 a permanent visa, but then health insurers insurers would not be able to put their hands in your pocket.

It is possible that your daughter does not currently qualify to apply for any permanent visa.

May I suggest that you put the full facts of the case to a registered migration agent for an opinion?

this looks like sound advice to me- until you ALL have PR she will not be classed as LRR- & yours could be a fairly lengthy process unless you're willing to stump up for the very expensive CPV- unfortunately also it's been said recently that the Aus Police are not recruiting currently......:policeman:

She is in the police in the UK. SAPOL had a recruitment drive this year. She missed the window.

But she should check out all the state police websites for the recruitment programme and keep checking. And have as much organised and ready to file in case any of them list jobs again in the future.

http://www.achievemore.com.au/officer/uk-applicants.html

Can't think it would hurt to contact them direct either and enquire ahead of time. No harm trying to lay the footwork and research now is there.