Australian credit card

Kathie

Hello, can anyone recommend a particular credit card, or would it be best to keep using our UK ones, with their 2.5 surcharge? My husband arrived in Sydney two weeks ago and now wants to book a flight back home for Christmas. The NAB have authorised him a card, but the credit limit will only just cover his ticket costs.

Thanks, Kathy

Hey

If your husband goes on the internet and types in best credit cards....I found a lot of comparison websites that were useful. They will show cards with no annual fees, 0% balance transfers and low interest rates etc etc.

Of course most will depend on his salary...has he tried asking NAB to increase his credit limit?

Hope this helps

Guest Ruby Okim

Have switched credit card companies a couple of times now but would recommend the 28 degrees card as a good international credit card: http://www.28degreescard.com.au/

There's no annual fees and if you load it up before you go back home to England or another country you can withdraw money from the atm with no fees and there is no exchange rate fee either. For local purchases I have a Woolworths card as we accumulate points toward a gift card every 4 months which we spend at the supermarket.

There are a lot of cards out there and it really depends on what you use the card for and how much of a limit you require.

Hope this helps!

I just got some spam for a Virgin Australia credit card (we have a Velocity account). They're offering 4 companion flights and double points for the first three months. The fee's $99, but with the 4 free flights (partner goes free), it doesn't seem a bad deal. Anyone else have any thoughts?

I've just got PR, so can now actually qualify for many of the better deals (to the OP, be aware of that req).

Guest smileykylie

The flights can be difficult to get on Virgin - they only apply to certain flights and you need to book with them over the phone. Interest on this card is pretty high as well so beware!

Just had a conditional approval from 28 degrees pending me sending them payslips, proof of income, 100pts ID check, and a litre of blood. Then I get a limit equivalent to 10 days net income.

Stark contrast to the kid I met in the UK 5 years ago who said "I applied for a loan just for the hell of it, and they gave me twenty grand. So bought this car".

• 5 months later...
Guest RayEthell13

There are innumerable Australian credit cards available in the market, each having special features and facilities, attached to it. If you wish to compare credit cards and find out which Australian credit card suits your need the most, There are innumerable Australian credit cards available in the market, each having special features and facilities, attached to it. If you wish to compare credit cards and find out which Australian credit card suits your need the most, you can just search about it on internet and you will get a deep information about the credit cards and its offers.