Guest orlaandjoe

Booking medical 457 visa

Guest orlaandjoe

Just wondering am I right in saying that once my employer lodges the nomination part of the visa and a TRN is allocated i am able to book my medical at this stage or do I have to wait until I lodge my part of the visa application?

I will check with hubby but we are in a similar situation, we have a TRN number from our sponsor but because we are not currently living in the UK and can´t get our paperwork authenticated until we are in the UK next week.

Once we have this signed et. we will be in a position to lodge the visa.

However though we have been told that we can have the medicals done so have therefore got them booked for next week when we are in the UK.

Probably a good idea to check with your sponsor but we have been told to go ahead and book the medicals. My husband rang the people who are doing the medicals and they have said we can go ahead - I think it may because we have got sponsors?

Let´s just hope we all pass. I am worried to death about them and have become a bit of a hyper what ever they are called in a matter of days.

I will let you know what my hubby says later, he said he will call the medics in Manchester and ask the question.

Guest orlaandjoe

Hey thank you so much for your reply!Can I also ask at what point did your employer give you the TRN?was it after they lodged your husbands nomination or after the nomination was approved? We are still waiting for my employer to lodge the nomination at the minute so cant do anything just yet. Don't worry about the medicals at all from what they are very straightforward and nothing at all to worry about!I'll cross my fingers that you get through them ok :wubclub:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/

You can get them done before you lodge your application.

457 outside Australia - "You should complete the required health examinations before lodging your visa to help ensure that your application can be processed quickly. Before you lodge your visa application, you should contact the panel clinic you want to attend to ensure that the clinic is able to process your health examinations. You need to advise them which visa subclass you intend to apply for."

My husband is in the process of lodging his application now. His employer gave him the TRN number when they gave him the formal offer of the job.

But I will check.

I have asked him to register on this site, but he says he is up to his neck in paperwork for the visa.

As for me I am just sitting here waiting for those darn medicals!

Hi There, My hubby was given his all important number when he received the formal job offer. He has started to fill in the visa application but we have to have documents certified in the UK by a justice of the peace, until we arrive there next week we are in limbo.

He is on a sponsored 457 visa and has a start date for his job (which I can´t wait for as I just want to get him out of my hair)!!!!!!

Good luck, it looks as if we are at the same stage.

It is too stressful, but I think I will be better when we have had the medicals, and hopefully pass them, I am worrying that I have all sorts of diseases (even though I have no symptoms) :witch-confused:

We booked ours when visa was lodged, hubbie was given his trn number. He only needed the chest X-ray. £100 for the pleasure and it is uploaded by their radiographer within 7 days. Back to waiting now.

457 lodged 11/11/11 - 457 approved 07/12/11