Hi all, Just starting the long process...HELP!! lol

zxrninja250

Hi All,

This is my first thread and will probably be pestering you all over the coming months :) as i am just about to tackle the 175 visa process head on without the aid of a migration agency........:-/

Does anyone have any helpful tips or advice on the application process and any hidden nasties I should look out for?

I am an Automotive Electrician with 5 years experience but no qualifications in this area........ does this matter? I also have a level 2 Apprenticeship in the application of engineering techniques and an HNC in Mechanical Engineering.

How do I go about getting a skills assessment for an Automotive Electrician with only the 5 years experience to go on? Can I just get references from my employer (or preferably my supervisor so I don’t need to tell my employer yet) and send them in a nice e-mail and await the outcome?

Thank you for your time,

Mark

p.s. if I can be of any help to anyone let me know.

Hey there , This is exactly what agents are for , they know the system inside out , and can offer a wealth of knowlage and support , from many many real life cases , thats their job . they can proof read all your docs and submissions and make sure everything is covered so u dont end up waiting 6 months only to be refused because u didnt cross a few T's and dot the I's

it is doable on your own , i wouldnt know where to start , id say you could be looking at an extra year's work to if that makes a difference to you ,

Im self employed , sheet metalworker , ANZSCO code 3222 , just doing the VETASSESS ( SR1 form ) app now , Ive hadto do stst declarations cos im self employed , cv's and obtain a lot of docs .

If you PM me your email i dont mind sending you a few docs to read through , some will be relevant , some wont but u can read what i wrote for my trade and use as a template at least .

Hope this helps , like i say u can go it alone but im spending a couple of grand for a speedy visa and the best possible chance of getting to oz , thats worth more than a few quid to me .

lee