ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alice Y

terminate contract by employer under 857 RSMS

Guest Alice Y

hi, all,

it is so sad that most of us, the visa holder of RSMS 857 have all kinds of problems. we have been treated unfairly :(

i have been working for the company for 2.5 years in total. but it has only been 8 months after my pr was granted. due to the financial loss and the restructure of the manage team. i was offer a part-time position instead of full-time position. two days ago, the new CEO notice me that our contract will be terminated shortly.

i have seen a few similar cases in this forum. Yesterday, I have gone to the immigration office to report the problem as well. I have also call Immi, and send an email to them.

waiting for the result :(

please whoever has similar case, let us know your result and give us some hope :(

:cry:

Guest cowboy
hi, all,

it is so sad that most of us, the visa holder of RSMS 857 have all kinds of problems. we have been treated unfairly :(

i have been working for the company for 2.5 years in total. but it has only been 8 months after my pr was granted. due to the financial loss and the restructure of the manage team. i was offer a part-time position instead of full-time position. two days ago, the new CEO notice me that our contract will be terminated shortly.

i have seen a few similar cases in this forum. Yesterday, I have gone to the immigration office to report the problem as well. I have also call Immi, and send an email to them.

waiting for the result :(

please whoever has similar case, let us know your result and give us some hope :(

:cry:

hi mate im on the same boat..cud u please let me know wht did immigration respond on ur case? i doing part time as well with no penality rates on PH,no superb, No holiday pay and other facilties

thanks mate

Guest ronak219

Hello Guys,

I am not sure why u guys are panicking, ur residency is not going to be taken off under RSMS , Alice you have a genuine reason for not able to continue the job so don't worry moreover as per my understanding you don't even need to go to immi. Immi will only take action if ur employer complains but if employer is happy , u can even leave within few months. I had a friend on RSMS he left the firm he was working within 2 months of Visa been granted( it was mutual understanding) either of them did'nt mention anything to immigration department.

I am not sure about ur condition cowboy but u can also leave as ur work is not treating u fairly.

Moreover Residency once granted is very hard to be taken away so i won't worry much about it.

hi mate im on the same boat..cud u please let me know wht did immigration respond on ur case? i doing part time as well with no penality rates on PH,no superb, No holiday pay and other facilties

thanks mate

There is nothing to worry about. You have an obligation to make every effort to stay with your employer for 2 years, but this is not a 457 visa and if the employer decides they don't need you anymore your visa status is unaffected.

As a general point, if anyone has an employer sponsored visa and the job comes to an end, going straight to DIAC is not a good idea. Let the employer do that, you (general you) should be heading to a migration agent to get some sound advice.