Reccomendations of areas in WA?

cutchibear

Evening all,

I was hoping you could give my fiance and I some suggestions on areas we may wish to live in WA. We are in the process of completing our visa application and one section asks about this. Obviously we have done a bit of research and know things we would like to be near etc but perhaps some of you could narrow this down a little for us as obviously WA is a big place!

I'll give you some background on us and what we would ideally like from an area.

Adam and I are 29/28 and getting married next July (looking to move to OZ the following year if VISA successful) so would be 30 by then. No children just our beloved boxer, Barney, who will hopefully be making the move with us. Adam is a golf college lecture although qualified to teach PE/sport of any nature and will be looking to work in the colleges/universities but would consider the golf industry too. I currently work as a volunteer manager for a children's hospice and would love to stay in the voluntary/charity sector although I know I'd have to be highly lucky so would be keen to do absolutely anything (within reason!!) and would be happy to train in something new (quite like that thought of learning and discovering a new career!) Happy to work up again.

Ideally we would like to be near the coast (though not essential) and transport links as won't have access to a car initially. Having the dog we wouldn't want to be in a city/town centre something rural, parks, beach that kind of thing with a bit of scene (restaurant, bars ) the normal thing that 30 somethings enjoy!! And somewhere with a standard cost of living, obviously we don't know what we'll be earning as yet so don't want anywhere too pricey. Adam would love to be near golf courses.... :D Long term we would like to get a property on a new(ish) development.

It's hard to know what to put down, but I hope that gives you a general idea and we really do welcome any suggestions to areas we should list. Obviously this is not set in stone, but highlights we are knowledgable on the different areas.

A big thanks in anticipation!

Laura & Adam (& Barney!)