pintpot

Anyone got any recommendations for breakdown insurance/roadside assistance?

Specifically in NSW

Struggling a bit with this one - getting quotes seems painful and the price varies wildly - NRMA seems very expensive for a decent level of cover, but most of the competitors' websites look like they are 2-bit outfits

TIA

:-)

I think we got some from Ultratune as part of our insurance. Never had to use it yet.

You also have to check geographic limits on their service.

NRMA is popular - but expensive I think.

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

I dont think you can really go past NRMA, it is their bread and butter after all. We had the Premium Care for both our cars and I didnt regret it for an instant - having your car towed home and the use of a hire car was well worth it, especially if you tend to get about a bit. They even managed to retrieve our very elderly car from a bush block, 2 km off a dirt road which was 45 minutes away from the nearest convenience store - and over a creek into the bargain. It isnt that expensive! (only a cup of coffee a week) Mind you I have been amazed at how cheap it is here in UK and it is attached to my car insurance!

We went with NRMA. They have only had to rescue me once so far.... no complaints.

And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first time.