'New' Westfield in Pitt St Sydney looks pretty good!

MARYROSE02

I say 'new' because it's been open for a while but I'd never really been in there until today. I think they are still doing work anyway as I saw a few 'tradies' sitting out on the mall eating their lunch.

The dining area was absolutely PACKED at lunchtime with both office workers and shoppers. David Jones on Castlereagh is linked up to it as is Myer between Pitt and George.

David Jones has its nativity scenes up and running in a line of shop windows. It seems a little incongruous seeing all the 'snow' but the kids love it.

I think I know the city well but each time I go there I see new buildings, pubs, cafes, shops and I feel like a tourist.

I've heard it is pretty flash...specially the food court. Their flagship Australian store. Not sure about the naming rights on centerpoint tower though :err:

The food court is massive with both 'proper' restaurants and the usual fast food type outlets, and it was packed.

I had a quick look in 'Zara' too but did not buy anything.

No longer 'Centrepoint Tower' or 'Sydney Tower' but 'Westfield Tower?' I've not been up to the top for a few years now either.

I was in there in July this year. The Skytower enterance was still closed but the whole place look fab. I liked the free comfy seating areas on every floor and the food court look great. Must have spent a LOT of money on Marble there too :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I go up to Westfield for lunch on sausage Monday to the snag stand. $15 gourmet hot dog (laughing)!!!

The shops are good but it's no Trafford Center or Oxford Street but I found a Ted Baker so I'm happy with it.

Take a look at the QVB (queen Victoria building). Near the Westfield but walk 50m to George street and it's the old building oppesit coles and the town hall. (oh town hall way) look under the town hall and towards world square (HSBC) also, things are hidden under ground here maybe because of the heat or because space is a premium.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-33.841615,151.226211