Question about WA SS - Obligation to transfer funds in for domestic expenses

Dono

Hi forum :)

I got WA SS recently and one of the requirements listed with the 2 year living in the state requirement is that I must transfer in "around $30 000".

I can do this, but I'd like to know how strict they are on it? What if I prefer to leave funds in my home country and rather try make it on my salary once I'm there? I'd like to transfer the funds in once I am ready to put a down payment on a house.

Any ideas? Do they demand proof at any time after landing?

Thanks for the advice :)

Hi

Sorry to jump on your thread but I'm going to SA in a similar position and would also be interested in any info any has.

It is my understanding that the amount of cash you need is a recommendation from them so you don't get into trouble when you arrive. I've read a lot of people on the forums arrive with a lot less and survive just fine. Don't think I've read anyone saying they had to provide proof of their savings after their SS was granted and their visa.

Thanks

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.816660,-3.016622

Hi forum :)

I got WA SS recently and one of the requirements listed with the 2 year living in the state requirement is that I must transfer in "around $30 000".

I can do this, but I'd like to know how strict they are on it? What if I prefer to leave funds in my home country and rather try make it on my salary once I'm there? I'd like to transfer the funds in once I am ready to put a down payment on a house.

Any ideas? Do they demand proof at any time after landing?

Thanks for the advice :)

Nope don't worry they won't ask for proof at any point (I think SA are the same but other states are different) but if you get into financial difficulty they may well have the right to question whether you did bring the money before handing out benefits.