ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest auzzycrazzy

Cat 5, should I wait or should I apply for Victoria SS

Guest auzzycrazzy

Hey guys,

I am a category 5 applicant(176 Family Sponsored) waiting for the last 2.5 years, I'm wondering whether I should wait or whether I should go ahead and apply for Victoria SS

Since I applied before July 2010, I guess I still can apply for Vic SS and change my application to a SS application

Please give your input guys, I'm unable to decide

Thanks in advance

Hey guys,

I am a category 5 applicant(176 Family Sponsored) waiting for the last 2.5 years, I'm wondering whether I should wait or whether I should go ahead and apply for Victoria SS

Since I applied before July 2010, I guess I still can apply for Vic SS and change my application to a SS application

Please give your input guys, I'm unable to decide

Thanks in advance

Although I can't advise whether it's officially OK to submit two applications as I know nothing about that, if you can get state sponsorship and think you have all the evidence and meet the new points requirement without for example sitting IELTS tests, then why not? They seem to be moving quicker at the moment ....we got our state sponsorship within a month (pending successful skills test) and we submitted our final application in Oct and have a CO already. But I guess it's not a guarantee that they will continue being processed and allocated quickly. Is there a forum thread for 176 family sponsored? If so, how long are most people waiting? Xx

Vic SS applied 03/11, granted 05/11, IELTS passed 09/11 score 9/8/8/8.5 overall 8.5, pos skills assessment 18/10 ,176 app 22/10, granted 16 Dec 2011!

Guest auzzycrazzy
Although I can't advise whether it's officially OK to submit two applications as I know nothing about that, if you can get state sponsorship and think you have all the evidence and meet the new points requirement without for example sitting IELTS tests, then why not? They seem to be moving quicker at the moment ....we got our state sponsorship within a month (pending successful skills test) and we submitted our final application in Oct and have a CO already. But I guess it's not a guarantee that they will continue being processed and allocated quickly. Is there a forum thread for 176 family sponsored? If so, how long are most people waiting? Xx

I'm not planning to lodge a brand new application, since I applied before JUly 2010 (DIAC have a rule saying, applications lodged before July 2010 can be converted to 176 SS without logdging a new application), I'm planning to convert my existing 176 family sponsored appplication to a 176 SS application.

But still not sure wheher to ago ahead with applying for SS or stick to Cat 5,I prefer moving to Sydney than Melbourne since my brother is living in Sydney

thanks for the reply though