Guest babka

Marking boxes

Guest babka

Hi,

I'm packing my own boxes at the moment (a necessity as only one of us is moving, so not everything is coming)... Does anyone have a photo (or can just tell me) how their movers marked the boxes - ie. what did they write on them and where?

I guess you need name, contents, box number and destination, but would love to see an example of how the professionals have done yours before I go messing up my nice new boxes. :biggrin: And did they just mark one face of the box or every side?

Hi,

When we did ours we made an itinery of what was put into the boxes and kept a copy for ourselves as well as the shippers. What we also did was number the boxes on the outside our selves and on the itinery and then on the inside of the lid we taped a list of the contents and which rooms they were for etc...made unpacking a lot easier the other end I can tell you. Sorry do not have any photos to show you but hope this helps you out....good luck with the move.

Each box has to be numbered and the contents itemised. John Mason provided us with pre printed self adhesive labels that were numbered and had all our details on.