You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

chris2011

457 Visa Dependent.... Can they set up a business in Australia?

Another query on behalf of a good friend who is hoping to secure a 457 visa. The question is will his wife be allowed to set up a business after arrival in Australia?

I've done some digging myself and it's clear that she will be able to work but not so clear as to whether she will be able to be a business owner.

Any advice from someone i the know would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

SS 2/5/11, 176 Visa lodged 2/5/11, CO 24/5/11, Medicals 9/6/11, Our Meds Finalised 17/6/11, Kids Meds Finalised 18/6/11 Visa Grant 20/6/11... wooooo hoooooo!!! :v_SPIN:

Yes. I am a dependant on my husbands 457 and I own a business. I am a sole trader. I don't think that there are any work restrictions on the 457 for dependants.

Yes. I am a dependant on my husbands 457 and I own a business. I am a sole trader. I don't think that there are any work restrictions on the 457 for dependants.

Great thanks.

SS 2/5/11, 176 Visa lodged 2/5/11, CO 24/5/11, Medicals 9/6/11, Our Meds Finalised 17/6/11, Kids Meds Finalised 18/6/11 Visa Grant 20/6/11... wooooo hoooooo!!! :v_SPIN:

So, when you say you are a sole trader, what do you mean?

You are a business of one person, or that is the trading status of your business with the Australian government?

Have you got an ABN number, for example?

Thanks

Silus

So, when you say you are a sole trader, what do you mean?

You are a business of one person, or that is the trading status of your business with the Australian government?

Have you got an ABN number, for example?

Thanks

Silus

I own an internet business. I am a sole trader, so my ABN is registered as My Name trading as My Business Name and I have my business name registered. I am a business of one person, just me at my computer and with a little room for stock at my home.