You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest davejanthony

In Uk two weeks before leaving -Enough time to apply offshore 4 residency?

Guest davejanthony

Hi newbie Dave here,

I have only about two weeks left in the uk before I leave with my Aussie partner for australia. Is there time to apply for residency ( de facto ) in London-offshore ( forms 40SP and 47SP) . Or should I wait and apply in Brisbane? I understand that there are some possible issues- Applying in the Uk means I have to get permission from CO to leave for aus. Will I have one to ask in time? Applying in Australia means I have to be there at the time of the granting of visa. What happens if I want to travel to the uk say after a month of application being lodged?

At present my circumstances are : I'm on a tourist 676 visa. I have a defacto relationship with my Australian partner of some 25 years and we have a 5 year old daughter together(dual citizenship). Plenty of proof of the ongoing relationship etc.

What are the chances of being granted a permanent (100) visa straight away?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Guest Roary

If you work fast , lodge here. Cheaper, faster, and as soon as you've submitted contact AH and tell them. You should get a CO fast. Can you lodge in the next couple of days? You co will let you go, you will just have to leave every 3 months till approval. Onshore takes longer and you will not be able to work.

Guest Roary

Ps a child makes you automatically eligible for 100.

Guest davejanthony

Hi Roary,

Thanks very much for the swift reply! I was hoping that my daughter may help with 100, good news. I'm not sure how fast I can get things together as we have a rush on to leave due to family health problems over there. Will sleep on it.

Guest Guest31881

To be honest I seriously doubt you could get everything together on time. Your own evidence would not be much of a problem, but you will need stat decs from friends and relatives, certified copies of documents. Police checks and medicals also have to be considered. You will almost certainly be granted Permanent residency (100) with your history 25yrs together plus a child will swing that. But do not risk having an application refused because you tried to rush things, it can be an expensive mistake.