You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

ack

how long did it take to get Irish Garda clearance?

Just wondering how long did it take for your garda clearance to come through. We have our VETASSESS back and IELTS done and sent off yday for state sponsorship. So wondering now what should we be doing to get ready to apply for visa. Will be year unemployed by April so need to have visa lodged by then to ensure points for experience

VETASSES Applied May; granted Sept ** IELTS (L8.5 R9 W9 S9 (Band 9)** VIC SS Appd 18/11/11, granted 6/12/11 **176 lodged 22/1/12 **CO 31/1/12 **Meds refd 9/2 finalised 13/2** PCC 20/2 **GRANTED 28/02/2012 **Hubbie leaves July 1st, baby &me Aug 14th

Guest nikkidel

Oy. Ours took about 4 months, but we weren't living in the country at the time - don't know if that made any difference.

There are 2 types of Garda clearance. One is solely for visa purposes and the other is for people who work with the vulnerable ( aged care/child care etc) ! I know a lot of people ended up in the second pile by accident, this does take months!

Make sure the superintendent knows you only require the visa clearance cert.

Fab! Thanks for that. When i get the clearance for teaching you are right it does take months! Will make sure to let them know its for visa

VETASSES Applied May; granted Sept ** IELTS (L8.5 R9 W9 S9 (Band 9)** VIC SS Appd 18/11/11, granted 6/12/11 **176 lodged 22/1/12 **CO 31/1/12 **Meds refd 9/2 finalised 13/2** PCC 20/2 **GRANTED 28/02/2012 **Hubbie leaves July 1st, baby &me Aug 14th

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a link to the document needed for a Garda check? I live in London so i'll need to do it all online or through post..

Thanks Dx

Vet 16/8/11: IELTS 3/9/11 L8.5 R9 W9 S9 (Band 9): Vetassess Pos 22/11 SS: WA applied 30/11-SS granted 01/12: 176 Lodged 15/12, Meds 10 Jan, uploaded 18 Jan, PCC 16 Jan, VISA approved 20 Jan 2012:wubclub:

Guest PhilPom

I assume you've probably sorted the Garda clearance by now, but from the experience my wife had trying to get hers, you may need to keep chasing it up with the Garda station where it was submitted. My wife put hers in and after 8 weeks there was still no clearance so she went back to the station in Dublin and they had no record of it ever being submitted. Had to do it again, but luckily it came through in a few weeks this time.

collecting ours today- 3 weeks