how long did it take to get Irish Garda clearance?

ack

Just wondering how long did it take for your garda clearance to come through. We have our VETASSESS back and IELTS done and sent off yday for state sponsorship. So wondering now what should we be doing to get ready to apply for visa. Will be year unemployed by April so need to have visa lodged by then to ensure points for experience

There are 2 types of Garda clearance. One is solely for visa purposes and the other is for people who work with the vulnerable ( aged care/child care etc) ! I know a lot of people ended up in the second pile by accident, this does take months!

Make sure the superintendent knows you only require the visa clearance cert.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest PhilPom

I assume you've probably sorted the Garda clearance by now, but from the experience my wife had trying to get hers, you may need to keep chasing it up with the Garda station where it was submitted. My wife put hers in and after 8 weeks there was still no clearance so she went back to the station in Dublin and they had no record of it ever being submitted. Had to do it again, but luckily it came through in a few weeks this time.