Alaska

McDowall/Everton Park/Albany Creek

Hi there

Anyone have any experiences of those areas? They seem to have good primary schools and a bit to do but any real experiences would be brilliant.

Thanks.

Bumping up for the Aussies in the morning.

Really hoping for some input if anyone can help. Or any ideas of how to get some? I have looked on the Queensland site but it's not very active so think a reply would be even less likely.

Bumping up for the Aussies in the morning.

Really hoping for some input if anyone can help. Or any ideas of how to get some? I have looked on the Queensland site but it's not very active so think a reply would be even less likely.

Hi Alaska

All of the areas are good areas as far as I am aware. We live close to Albany Creek (in Eatons Hill) and do our everyday shopping in Albany Creek. Both state primary schools in Albany Creek have good reputations. It is a nice, leafy, middle of the road area where it is easy to settle and make friends. Sunny 123 lives in Albany Creek and she may be able to answer more specific questions about the area that you may have. A group of POZZERs from the Albany Creek, Bridgeman Downs, Eatons Hill area met up on Sunday for a BBQ and plan to do so again at some point in the future. Perhaps if you choose to settle in this area you can join in...

Let me know if you have any other questions about the area.

Lucy :biggrin:

Hi Lucy

Many thanks for your answer. Would be lovely to meet up with you all if we come over. Looking likely if DH gets through the medical and DH can agree a wage (457 visa).

A decent school is pretty much my primary concern as DS's school here is brilliant and he is thriving after being quite unhappy at pre-school.

I really only have the myschool website to check which is good for results but doesn't tell you much else, so any insider knowledge is welcome!

Thanks again. x