Form 80 - How the hell do i find out where i have travelled in the last ten yrs?

Andy & Kelly

Hi,

I have to fill in form 80 in conjunction with my 856 application. There are many stupid questions on the form, one being 'please give details of visits outside Australia in the last ten years' My passport is fairly new so no record there. I have been to a lot of places in that time and don't know any dates or exactly where i've been. Does anyone know how to find this information?

Thanks

Andy

I had this problem. Just do your best and write a note o the effect that dates are approximate. If they have questions, they'll ask. Unless you have been stomping around the afghan/Pakistan border you should be ok!

Guest Guest31881

I put the approximate dates , so it would be something like, June 2006 Spain. Included a message to say, the dates were approximate.

A lot of people do not know the exact dates of travel overseas.

Look at your old passport for starters..

If you booked previous holidays on your debit or credit card they will show up on the statements. It is surprisingly easy to get hold of previous bank and credit card statements going back at least 7 years. You can do it on line now with most major banks..

Did any of your family baby / pet sit on any of your holidays, it might stimulate your memory.

Yes they are expecting you to list every overseas trip you took as far as you can remember but if you cant they have the general idea just put down everything you can...

Guest bluecob99

I remember saying the very same thing to our migration agent!

As above, it doesn't appear to be of huge importance if you have been travelling around Europe and taking lots of family holidays.

It seems as though they are more interested in your travel if you have visited any countries with particular political issues/well-known drug issues/infectious diseases/areas associated with terrorism etc.

If you start making a list of all the countries you have visited you could try and narrow down which years you travelled to each. Then go to which time of year you travelled. We estimated dates/months where we couldn't remember. It's the deliberate withholding of important & relevant information that would cause concern, so I wouldn't worry unnecessarily.

We are going through this now to get our lad here.Form 80 is mentioned a lot between my wife and my lad!What i'd like to know is who was the sad Tosser who thought up all these ridiculous questions?:confused:We had one asking the date of birth of his deceased grandad!:swoon:Now HTF would a young lad know that?He was a child when his grandad died!Anal or what!:confused:

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I have no english bank accounts now so getting the info may prove hard. As for my passport, lost the original a few years ago and in the period it covered i clocked up a few miles here and there. My memory isn't good at the best of times so trying to remember where and when i went is impossible, especially when you spend most of the holiday ****faced and forget you were ever there!

You don't need to stress too much about this. What they're really looking for is any country where you spent a total (over all your visits) of 12 months or more in the last 10 years so they know to ask for a police check.

However be honest (state dates are approximate) but don't go saying you haven't been anywhere just because you can't remember when as you never know what they can find out in this computer age.