Job Offer in North Ryde, where to live??

gparkes

Hi Fellow Poms,

We are currently living in Melbourne which we love but an opportunity has arisen to move to Sydney, Job would be in North Ryde area so just looking on advise on where u would live??

Budget is reasonable so somewhere nice, suburbs are more us as we like a garden with Having a 3yr old, nice schools in area ect

Any info and advise would be great as i have been looking through so many posts my eyes are going square! :-)

Guest LQswissy

Hi,

So, I have lived in Sydney previously and worked near to North Ryde also - A great place to live (in my opinion) is Lane Cove - very suburban - good schools - not far from Chatswood which is GREAT for shopping and transport etc...

Worth checking out

I second Lane Cove - good schools and very handy for both North Ryde and Chatswood which is good for shops etc (mind, the new Top Ryde shopping city is huge so you don't really need Chatswood for that)

Ryde/Denistone etc are OK suburbs, bit sprawly but there are nice pockets. It gets scruffier from West Ryde and Eastwood to the west

Depending on what your definition of "reasonable budget" is, then also look at Pymble & St.Ives. Much more spacious and leafy suburbs and again excellent schools, and an easy drive to North Ryde down Mona Vale/Ryde roads. Quite pricey though

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Fellow Poms,

We are currently living in Melbourne which we love but an opportunity has arisen to move to Sydney, Job would be in North Ryde area so just looking on advise on where u would live??

Budget is reasonable so somewhere nice, suburbs are more us as we like a garden with Having a 3yr old, nice schools in area ect

Any info and advise would be great as i have been looking through so many posts my eyes are going square! :-)

Hi, I would have a look at Lane Cove. I have lived and worked here for 15 years. Have not encountered any crime in that time. Know a lot of the shopkeepers by name. LOADS of kiddies around. Plenty playgroups etc. Fantastic library and pool. I also work at the local school and the teachers are dedicated and friendly.

If you need any more info just ask.

Happy hunting

Ani