Secret Harbour-Mandurah area Meet ups?

Dobbsy

Hi, we have just moved to Secret Harbour - staying with my sister, but will move after Christmas, as we are on a 475 visa and have visa restrictions. Therefore we are looking to live in 6210 post code, a little further south towards Mandurah... Lakelands, Meadow Springs, Madora Bay etc??? We are from Derby/Nottingham area, are 39/40 years young and have two children (daughter 13 & son 10 which are now enrolled in Secret Harbour schools).. My husband is a footie fan and having withdrawal symptons already!!! he is also looking for someone to play golf with.... I enjoy the gym/classes and have joined The Club at Port Kennedy and am trying to work on my tan.... but it keeps raining !!!! LOL. Anyone out there with children of similar ages and/or common interests????

:biggrin:

Guest bulldogau

hi ya we moved to Mandurah 5 years ago from Birmingham and we love it ... we had our up and down's but that part of moving the other side of the world , im 43 and my partner is 41 and we have 2 boys 13/18 and they love it here, i play golf and also go surfing every week at Secret Harbour im not really into footie but my friends are .....they mad on it lol, partner is a nurse and a community worker for the elderly , in the summer we go to Rockingham beach on our jet ski :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deboroo2

Hello, my partner & I and our LO (13 months) will be coming over at the beginning of next year. Just wondered if you knew which areas (places to live & groups) of Mandurah are toddler friendly. I have heard Halls Head & meadow springs are nice. Are their suburbs which are touristy or to avoid? I don't drive so ideally like to be 20/30 min walking distance from shops etc.

Thanking you in advance for your help :)

Guest bulldogau
Hello, my partner & I and our LO (13 months) will be coming over at the beginning of next year. Just wondered if you knew which areas (places to live & groups) of Mandurah are toddler friendly. I have heard Halls Head & meadow springs are nice. Are their suburbs which are touristy or to avoid? I don't drive so ideally like to be 20/30 min walking distance from shops etc.

Thanking you in advance for your help :)

hi ya again my name is Robert and i live in Halls Head/Seascapes which is a lovely place to live and it got plenty of parks and shops are only about 10 Min walk depends on were you live in Halls Head, they are building a new shops in Seascapes and it kids friendly and there good schools hear as well , you can walk into the main town in half Hr , Mandurah is a well look after place and i want live any were else , if you need any thing eles you can contact me on robertimoore@hotmail.com

Guest Deboroo2

Thank your advice Robert, we have booked our tickets so we will be landing in Australia on 31st Dec. You don't happen to know of any vacant holiday rentals as we're finding very difficult to find one?

Anyones help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Guest bulldogau
Thank your advice Robert, we have booked our tickets so we will be landing in Australia on 31st Dec. You don't happen to know of any vacant holiday rentals as we're finding very difficult to find one?

Anyones help would be appreciated, thanks :)

the full furnished rentals , the quest is one of them ill get the number for you and you can rebook be for you come , there is a few about ..... for who long do you want it for ? ill can get you some prices .

Guest Deboroo2

Thank you that would be really helpful, we will need the short term / holiday rental from 31st Dec to 30th Jan. Your help is really appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have been in secret harbour for a few months now and i too need to meet more people, i have 2 children 14 and 8 my eldest and husband are in the life saving club and love it. Their seems to be so so many brits here in secret harbour a meet up on the beach of all members would be great :chatterbox:

The children go to the commet bay schools and seem to be ok (althought the primary is HUGE compared to home) they have only been there for the last term and so have not made friends you can just call up if you know what i mean ! its going to be a long long holiday till febuary!!!!.

I work from early hours till mid morning at the moment which is great as i still get the day to do stuff just means i am in bed early !!

I am 36 and hubby is 39 my son is 14 and daughter 8 it would be nice to meet some new friends :biggrin:

i live on coffs bend in st anthonys cheers tracy x

Hi Deboroo2,

Have a look at REMAX coastal in secret harbour the lady who owns it is a britt (in fact so are the staff) she will bend over bacwards to help, I think her name was marralin,

Be very carefull of the proffesionals in secret harbour just from my experiance !!! And Glenway realty in safety bay are extreamly helpful val on reception is ace and the property manager carole is such a star lovely people. failing that i have a spare room hun. Believe me i know how hard it is when panic mode sets in.

Hiya,

Yeah... we are up for that. We are in Secret Harbour at the moment staying with my sister, but are moving to Meadow Springs as soon as we find a good rental. We have been here 7 weeks. We are from Nottingham, have a 13 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. We are both working.... so if we are free... then we will come. Thanks, look forward to it. Michelle, Jay, Megan & Will

:biggrin:

Hi all,

I have been in secret harbour for a few months now and i too need to meet more people, i have 2 children 14 and 8 my eldest and husband are in the life saving club and love it. Their seems to be so so many brits here in secret harbour a meet up on the beach of all members would be great :chatterbox:

The children go to the commet bay schools and seem to be ok (althought the primary is HUGE compared to home) they have only been there for the last term and so have not made friends you can just call up if you know what i mean ! its going to be a long long holiday till febuary!!!!.

I work from early hours till mid morning at the moment which is great as i still get the day to do stuff just means i am in bed early !!

I am 36 and hubby is 39 my son is 14 and daughter 8 it would be nice to meet some new friends :biggrin:

i live on coffs bend in st anthonys cheers tracy x

Hi Tracy,

I moved to SH 3 months ago, my son is 13 (14 in May) and has started Comet Bay College and my daughter is 7 (8 in May) and has started Comet Bay Primary. I'm over the other side of Anstey Road in Maidstone Parade.

I was 45 yesterday :)) (don't worry I don't act it...lol) and my husband is 41 next month

Lynne xx

Hi Lynne, which class is your daughter in, if you are ever up for coffe wine or a sun bathe give us a shout or a pm im not on this much so will send you my mobile number be great to meet up over these long holidays hope you have all had a great christmas

Hi Lynne, which class is your daughter in, if you are ever up for coffe wine or a sun bathe give us a shout or a pm im not on this much so will send you my mobile number be great to meet up over these long holidays hope you have all had a great christmas

Hi Tracy,

I've just got ur pm, I'll give you a text in the new year !

My daughter was in Mr Wasley LA4, I'm not sure which class she will be in next year tho.

Speak to you soon :)

Lynne x