Guest cg1

move from ireland

Guest cg1

hi. moving with my husband & 2 kids early next year to Perth..terrified:biggrin:..my husband is being sponsored on the 457 visa. the kids are aged 4 & 2. I am finding it very hard to find information on schools. I am hearing they are very expensive ..and that we will end up paying 000 for schooling every year. What age do they start school over there? should I be trying to get in contact now.. I don't know what area we will be movning too. I would like somewhere near park or amenities for the kids...near the shops for me! :wink: try & keep the homesickness away...is there any advice you can give me....what about doctor visits for children...am sure i will have loads of more question

Hey we moved over in Sep with our 2 boys 4 and 1 on a 457 visa. Depending when your oldest is 5 is when they go to school. If they are 5 before June 30th they go to preprimary which is school otherwise they start kindy in Feb which is usally 2 days a week. Neither years are ccompulsary so the local school doesn't have to fit you in but we have found as long as you are local they will try to fit you in. WA doesn't charge school fees on a 457 so unless you chose to go private it won't cost you any more then at home. pretty much till you are hear and have a house in the area the schools aren't too interested in helping. You can't turn around without finding a park with lovely playgrounds. There are heaps of free kids entertainment. We live within walking distance of the beach, Mall, park etc.