register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest geehill

just been told about moving to australia possibly sydney :/

Guest geehill

i'm Georgia i'm 14 and i am really excited about the move yet i will miss my best friends who i have known for years! and i don't want to leave them i'm scared i wont make any new friends and im worried about my gcse's.

i don't know what to do!:unsure:

i'm Georgia i'm 14 and i am really excited about the move yet i will miss my best friends who i have known for years! and i don't want to leave them i'm scared i wont make any new friends and im worried about my gcse's.

Aw Georgia I feel for you and we all feel a bit anxious and worried its natural. Did you ask them timescales for the move....depending on the visa they are applying for it might take them a couple of years to get the visa, meaning you could do your GCSE'S here :)

Might be worth telling them how you feel and if you feel strongly about your exams, ask them if they can wait a couple of years. I'm sure they will have researched it though and wouldn't put your education at risk :)

Glad you are excited about it though...I bet you are the first of your friends to experience Australia! And it's a very exciting place when you are young like you are x x

Vic SS applied 03/11, granted 05/11, IELTS passed 09/11 score 9/8/8/8.5 overall 8.5, pos skills assessment 18/10 ,176 app 22/10, granted 16 Dec 2011!

Hi Georgia

I'm not in your age group but I'm sure someone who is will be along shortly :biggrin: Just wanted to say hello and tell you to try not to worry.

Australia is a beautiful country and has lots of friendly people. I'm sure you will make lots of new friends in no time t all. After all everyone wants to be friends with the new girls don't they! :biggrin: That's what my girls tell me! Or was it me that told them that - lol! They are only 9 and 8 and are really looking forward to it. Just let your Mum and Dad know how you are feeling and they can put your mind at rest. Just think, all that swimming in the pool and visits to the beach - now that can't be a bad thing can it :biggrin:. Good luck - I hope you can start to look forward to your adventure soon :biggrin:

Me, hubby and our two gorgeous girls.

Arrived in Australia 22nd March 2012

Hey, I'm 14 also and I would do anything to be in your situation, so count yourself lucky! If I moved there tomorrow, I could. And I know you will miss your friends, but with Skype and FB you can talk to them like anytime you want! :P just be happy about the oppurtunity u are gonna get and dont think about the negatives! Good luck :)

Keeping in touch with friends is so much easier. My children were 7 and 11 when we moved and still in touch via FB etc., with their friendship groups and they're now 12 and 16. Because Australia gets lots and lots of people moving here, my daughter said there's always new people coming into school - so you're never the 'new kid' for long. My daughter is the eldest and was worried about moving too - we knew where we would be living and the principle of the school set her up with a pen pal before she arrived (someone who would be in her class), this really helped her and by the time we were moving she was looking forward to it.

Good luck

Ali xx

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Hi Georgia, I moved here with my 3 kids 3 years ago. they where 13, 15 and 16, like you they where a little scared and my 16 year old would have been taking her gcse aswell. Don't worry about them if your not staying in the UK. All of my kids went to school here it was a way for them to make friends, 2 have now left one this month after doing 3 years. the other left last year after doing 2 years. Both my girls where glad they went to school to make the friends they have now. My son is in year 12 the final year and hes loving it there. They all like the Aussie life .

They all talk with Aussie accents and fit in well with everything they do. Hope this helps and good luck u will love it here :biggrin: