City and guilds

rick1981

Are they accepted in australia.I have family in oz who me ,my partner and kids visit every year and what to move over there

Mine was accepted after I paid $500 for a check to be done to see if they were genuine, Mind you this was in Queensland! In 35 years down south never had a problem, in fact they wern't interested in C&G, only if you could do the work. The way it should be!

I know ive asked before but is city and quilds recoqnised as a qualification in austrailia and accepted.Im at college studying in the evenings,has anyone else gone to oz in another trade on city and guilds

Hi there,

Your City & Guilds Quals will not be reccognised by the average Australian employer, but you can get your skills assessed by the relevant authorities so that you can be awarded the Australian equivalent or take steps to achieving it. Depends what trade you're in to determine the relevant skills assessing authority and whether you already hold a resident's visa.

Regards Derren

We thought we had better get it from the horses mouth rather than guessing and worring ,my missus can get sponsered by the state in wa as a hairdresser which is good,but we want to go to queensland thats where my family are.If we went to queensland i would go as a plumber which as we were told today are accepted which is another good thing but hairdressers are not top on the list over in queensland.Worse case is we might have to live in wa for a few years then move to queensland.We have a few options but we are not looking to go for a few years yet we are still at college and the house prices are not good at the minute,if we sold up we would lose out a hell of alot

We thought we had better get it from the horses mouth rather than guessing and worring ,my missus can get sponsered by the state in wa as a hairdresser which is good,but we want to go to queensland thats where my family are.If we went to queensland i would go as a plumber which as we were told today are accepted which is another good thing but hairdressers are not top on the list over in queensland.Worse case is we might have to live in wa for a few years then move to queensland.We have a few options but we are not looking to go for a few years yet we are still at college and the house prices are not good at the minute,if we sold up we would lose out a hell of alot

Hi again,

Your qualifications will be recognised in Australia but not by employers. By law you have to have a plumbing licence and to get one you will have to have your skills assessed by the relevant skills assessing authorities. You may be able to find work without one but most Australian employers will not recognise your UK qualifications.

Read the links below for more info. One is for licencing requirements in WA and the other in Queensland.

http://www.plumbers.wa.gov.au/Content/Licensing/Overseas_Applicants.html

http://www.dlgp.qld.gov.au/plumbing/overseas-qualifications.html

Also, if you're planning to migrate on your application as a Plumber then you'll have to do a VETASSESS assessment. That's a whole different ball game as it's time consuming and costly.

Below is a link to the VETASSESS website.

http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_to_australia/assess_my_trade_skills.cfm

Regards Derren