Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


Paying tax in Australia on income from a UK company

Recommended Posts

Could someone please advise where possible, how my employer would be able to pay me in Australia.


I work for a UK company but I will be going out to Australia soon on a 457 visa. The company will pay me from their UK bank account monthly into my Australian bank account and want to be able to deduct Oz tax from my salary. This will happen until they generate revenue in Australia and subsequently set up an Australian Company.


What do they need to do for this? Please advise if you need more info


Thanks in advance

ENS 121 Occupation: Office Manager. Vetassess success letter received 01/06/11. Nomination and Application lodged 29/06/11 Melbourne. Payment/Acknowledgement 30/06/11. CO 13/12/11 requesting repeat information. Pre-grant letter 22/12/11 PR GRANTED 03/01/2012

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to register for PAYG Withholding with the Australian Taxation Office, and to then administer an Australian payroll.


Please let me know if you or your employer would like to discuss, as we have business clients who we help in this regard - click on my name to the left of this posting and send me a PM or email.


Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now