Jump to content

Vetassess - Statutory Declaration

Recommended Posts

Hello there,


Would appreciate some help on this - collating all documents to send off to be signed by my solicitor.


I am a bit confused on this form, basically I won't be able to attain any information regarding my current employment as evidence as I don't want to tell them about my plans, let alone lose my job!!! So, have been told that you can fill this form in - went onto their website:


http://www.ag.gov.au/statdec - form on the right hand side.


Is this going to cause any problems with a solicitor signing it as it's an Australian document, and also is this the correct form to fill out?


Thank-you :-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest dmcevilly

A statutory declaration is covered under Commonwealth Law for both UK and Australia so a British solicitor will be happy to certify on your behalf. You will also need to do the same to declare your current UK residency to avoid Australia's equivalent to VAT when paying your fee's. Cost's vary from £10.00 - £100.00 when I researched. Hope this helps.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank-you for your help, is this the correct form? Just thought I would double check :biggrin:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now