5 months for VETASSESS

derham

My agent has told me that my skills application through VETASSESS couyld currently take up to 5 months, has anyone else heard this?:wacko:

I know when we applied to the TRA it took at least that time, firstly to get all of the references and info etc that thy ask for and then longer for their reply so yes it could quite possibly take that long!! :arghh:

Hi Derham,

It is a long wait. I did the application without an agent, from the start it took 3 months. 1 month to collate the info and sent over, it only took a couple of weeks to get the date for the test then just waiting for the day itself. I do think an agent takes longer? At least you have passed the Ielts:biggrin: this for me is the worse part. Failed first test by half a point, now waiting for the results for the second test and a 3rd booked just in case!!!

Good luck!

Sporty

Guest dmcevilly

Hate to sound gloomy but I submitted my application in late July, evidence received late August (DHL Tracked) even though my online application status says mid September. I've only now received a message saying they think all the necessary paperwork is there........ They will not even take a chase up query until 16 weeks have passed. When it does God Help Them!!

Yeh I am getting exremely worried it might be february before I get any response and I turn 45 in March and I still need to go for state sponsorsip!!!!!!!:mad::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

With a looming age issue and loss of points you really should not wait. Contact Vetassess and explain the situation and see if they can speed your assessment up for you.

It's not your agent's fault. The waiting time for Vetassess has jumped dramatically since the new changes came in on July 1. Vetassess has a backlog and they tell me they are working to reduce that but the waiting period did jump a lot after July 1. Your agent can't do anything about that except mention your age issue to Vetasses, in writing, and to keep pestering them in as nice a way as possible.

My agent has told me that my skills application through VETASSESS couyld currently take up to 5 months, has anyone else heard this?

Vetassess are quoting 12-16 weeks for a General Occupation skills assessment however the reality is up to 6 month.

They have recently taken on more staff to try to address the backlog issue.

Just adding our experience for reference here although I do think we may be the exception to the rule - we received VETASSESS back within 12 weeks of applying (sent in 23/08/11 and electronic decision received 10/11/11, hard copies arrived today 15/11/11). I did submit an urgency request around 10/10/11 because I am due to turn 33 at the end of this year - whether this was indeed what pushed it through I don't know but it may be worth bearing in mind for those of you with similar issues.

All the waiting definitely requires amazing reserves of patience.

When I first started the whole process my agent told me that times where done to 8 - 10 weeks then 2 weeks after I submitted it went up to a min of 3 months up to 6 months. When you add in the 6 weeks it took to get all my last 8 years informaion from 3 employers and 2 weeks for my agent to certify and submit the process may take 8 months!!!!!!!! If my agent had told me this at the outset I would not have proceeded and saved sitting 2 very stressfull IELTS and £1500 (IELTS, Vetassess fee and 1/2 agent fee). Just feel I've been conned:mad::mad::mad:

it is outrageous

176 takes like 2 months and vetassess 6 months ..really?! how crazy is that..who are these people?!

The extended length of processing times for skills assessments is a continuing problem, especially considering the short time left before the EOI system is introduced next year.

Part of the problem is that since the new points system, DIAC has deferred much responsibility onto the assessing Authorities. They are now responsible for assessing qualifications, length of employment experience, and closely related employment experience. As such they have had to restructure their assessment process.

This is compounded for Vetassess as not only are they responsible for assessment of most occupations; they are also responsible for many different types of assessments.

The extended length of processing times for skills assessments is a continuing problem, especially considering the short time left before the EOI system is introduced next year.

Part of the problem is that since the new points system, DIAC has deferred much responsibility onto the assessing Authorities. They are now responsible for assessing qualifications, length of employment experience, and closely related employment experience. As such they have had to restructure their assessment process.

This is compounded for Vetassess as not only are they responsible for assessment of most occupations; they are also responsible for many different types of assessments.

At the moment however the assessment of how many years of work experience via the points test is an optional one through VETASSESS and you can apply for your visa without this as DIAC are the ones who have the final say!

I was originally quoted around 6-8 weeks to hear back from VETASSESS by my agent ,

Submitted the paper application approx 3-4 weeks ago and its now obvious from what you guys are saying on here that im now in for a long wait ,

Im never one to jump the gun but i had visions of hearing back in december , booking my trade test for the new year and even conservativly getting SS and final application all sorted , visa stamped and flights booked for this time next year ,

Surley we pay hard earnt money to Vetassess for their services , if they have "X" ammount of extra applications on theire desks , all at $600 pluss each surley they could take on additional staff and get caught up ??? or is that just me with my " common sense " head on ? id like to see me still having a business with a similar attitude , " hello me customer , yes thanks for your £30000 up front payment, However ive had the same from 3 other customers so ill keep all the money and just take 3 times as long to deliver " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

Oh well , ill just havto be patient and keep on top of my agent . i know its an expensive process but im no achedemic and feel my agent is money well spent , If i was willing to take an extra year id be able to do it all myself but i want to be there like tomorrow and agents know exactly what form to send , to who and when plus theyre able to proof read everything and add pointers where necessary. :-)

lee