Wanted Down Under series!

Guest ino4ek

I would like to see a childless couple! We are not all pushing prams and looking for quality family time in the park....what about seeing some night life and social groups in action :wink:.

I agree with that! theres only me and my wife at the moment, and if i have to work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off as a touring engineer, it means my wife will be on her own for a lot of the time. We would be more concerned that she has the opportunites to make firends at work and at home.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emigrating is such a massive deal to anybody,so if people are that shallow to believe that walk in robes are what you are all about then they're really not worth losing sleep over. Those of us who have the guts to make such a big decision for a better life for our families will,i'm sure get support from PIO and not be criticised for the odd offhand joke. Lets face it, no one in there right mind would put themselves through the whole process just for petty luxuries! Anyway,rant over! Will be looking for your future posts so keep us updated as your cicumstances are similar to ours,hubby a plumber,we're looking at perth tho as property seems cheaper although would go anywhere TBH! Two kids,age 11 and 22! My daughter cried when she heard your daughter's story but was so glad when she said she wanted to go with you. Good luck with whole process and thankyou xxx

well said, it takes guts to make a life changing decision. At the very least you can say you have tried if it doesn't work out not like those who sit and criticize!

Just wanted to say we really enjoyed your show - you have a lovely family. Good luck, we are going through the process too so understand the ups and downs. Keep us all posted......

just goes to show some people can be so cruel...their lives must be perfect, not! What give them the right to criticize and judggood luck to the Hoe family and everybody else who has plans for Oz.

Guest mattanlisa
Just watched today's episode having recorded it on sky +. Ouch!

I honestly think they weren't ideal candidates for the program TBH. If there was that much friction ON camera what were they like off? I understand that one person in a couple may need a little persuasion but she obviously hated the idea of going an not even a winning lottery ticket would've made her budge! I hope they can work something out cos the program has opened up a whole can of worms!

I honestly think they weren't ideal candidates for the program TBH. If there was that much friction ON camera what were they like off? I understand that one person in a couple may need a little persuasion but she obviously hated the idea of going an not even a winning lottery ticket would've made her budge! I hope they can work something out cos the program has opened up a whole can of worms!

Yeah, I cant say I envy the guys options, essentially it was keep working 7 days a week in a job and place the hates with limited prospects in shetland or lose his wife and kid.

Guest tandcmum

enjoying watching this series, i must admit i take most of it with a pinch of salt as after all it is a tv programme and they only put on the bits of filming that make it seem more dramatic, but i like to see the pics of the different parts of Oz and like nosying at all the houses. All the houses look gorgeous to me but then again we live in a dingy 2 bed flat so any of the houses shown are a massive improvement for us.

Yeah, I cant say I envy the guys options, essentially it was keep working 7 days a week in a job and place the hates with limited prospects in shetland or lose his wife and kid.

I hear that! although I think the only thing he has to lose is his daughter, which is a big thing to lose.

Have only seen the first episoide of this series (the Hoe family - nice family by the way, hope it all works out for them) and have enjoyed it so far. Still got two (I think) more episodes on iPlayer to keep me busy this weekend.

I do however think that each series gets less factual and more emotionally dramatic - I've never really liked the bit with the compulsory watching of videos of friends and family (of course emigrating is very difficult from that perspective, not sure what the point of 10 minutes of quiet crying really adds to the program but maybe I'm just not very much in touch with that side of things :wink:) but I think that the new bit tacked on at the end of the program is just unnecessary - having an already upset family member round to flip another card. Just makes it all a bit soap opera-like in my opinion.

I do very much like the idea of a follow-up visit after the family has returned home but just think it should be a bit more factual and less over-the-top emotional - stop all that wishy washy violin music softly playing whilst old Chapman sits there nibbling on a Garibaldi hoping for a few tears or an on-screen family bust up to boost ratings...

Guest mattanlisa
Have only seen the first episoide of this series (the Hoe family - nice family by the way, hope it all works out for them) and have enjoyed it so far. Still got two (I think) more episodes on iPlayer to keep me busy this weekend.

I do however think that each series gets less factual and more emotionally dramatic - I've never really liked the bit with the compulsory watching of videos of friends and family (of course emigrating is very difficult from that perspective, not sure what the point of 10 minutes of quiet crying really adds to the program but maybe I'm just not very much in touch with that side of things :wink:) but I think that the new bit tacked on at the end of the program is just unnecessary - having an already upset family member round to flip another card. Just makes it all a bit soap opera-like in my opinion.

I do very much like the idea of a follow-up visit after the family has returned home but just think it should be a bit more factual and less over-the-top emotional - all that wishy washy violin music softly playing whilst old Chapman sits there nibbling on a Garibaldi hoping for a few tears or an on-screen family bust up to boost ratings...

Totally agree! Think the program would gain another 5 more informative minutes if they didn't make the families twirl the old laminate each time they made a decision, a simple yes or no would suffice!

Saw Weds episode and omg there was so much misleading information in it! It was the episode with the Perth family where Mum had joint issues and Dad was (going to be) ex-navy I believe, with a 22 year old daughter and young son.

The daughter was talking to some students at university and I think it was just crossed wires, but the way it was edited made it seem like you can take a 1 year course from scratch to become a Teaching Assistant out in WA and then earn £38,000 a year! Very very misleading, as that's just not the case at all. Whilst its obvious you have to take the programme with a pinch of salt (its tv after all) that was just completely and utterly wrong - like I say I think its because of crossed wires and bad editing, but it was very very misleading for those watching who haven't done loads of research already. Grrr - come on BBC - you're the BBC for heaven's sake, stop such sloppy work!

Sorry, it just really annoyed me.

Totally agree! Think the program would gain another 5 more informative minutes if they didn't make the families twirl the old laminate each time they made a decision, a simple yes or no would suffice!

You want to see how long you have to twirl them for while fiming. It takes about ten minutes for each vote just to twirl the cards. The only time I really felt like cringing.

I thought the guy from yesterday's program (in NZ) was an absolute TV natural, he would make a brilliant presenter. I don't normally take much notice of the New Zealand programs but I really enjoyed that one and thought the family were great.

Good luck to them :-)

DIY SOS australia would be a good watch with him presenting , always smiling and " happy "

Great fun jolly open minded and realistic family . best of luck to them .

lee