TV, phone and broadband providers?

Heathfamily

Have a look here for broadband. http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/

I was with TGP for DSL and Phone, used to pay around $60 a month and was very happy. But it also depends on how far you are from the exchange for speed.

As for TV, we never got SKY. The free channels were enough for us. After all, Australia is an outdoor place and we were always out having fun :)

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest dermedicus

ADSL is very hit and miss here with providers other than Telstra or perhaps Optus. A number of providers offer apparently cheaper details relevant to their data limits, but the service can be poor. I started with Telstra for the home phone, Optus pre-pay for one mobile, Optus contract for the other and then internode for ADSL. Now only the ADSL is not Telstra and come next Feb I will remedy that. I have a good data limit here but poor speeds which leads to great frustration.

Cannot speak for payTV I'm afraid. With ADSL make sure you read the small print re: data limits and what is included. Many include uploads, so every email you send with pics in etc. counts against it.

It all depends where you live. Some places only have one option - usually telstra and we pay about $100 for broadband and phone, but there are no free calls, it's all quite expensive. We were with TPG before but we kept getting slowed down because we exceeded our download limit. Where we are currently we only have the telstra option! It is so much more expensive than the UK!