Been in Brisbane 5 weeks - need work!

Guest kirstscullin

Guest kirstscullin

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for temp work in Brisbane, I don't have transport which seems to be an issue. I need work in the city centre or North where I am staying or somewhere easy to get to on public transport.

Back home I was a development worker for a charity, but I am just looking for some temp admin work to do me until Christmas or better yet beyond that. I have registered with a few agencies and have been applying direct for jobs through SEEK but have had no joy so far.

Does anyone have any advice/contacts etc? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kirsty

I know you said admin, but have you thought about applying for casual work at Kmart or Target over the Christmas period? They usually take on a fair amount of extra staff and you may even get lucky and end up doing office work in one of their stores. Given that they are usually based at major shopping centres the public transport should also be alright.

Guest Pete the Feet

Finding temp work before crimbo, good luck, everything winds down in QLD in December as it's comming up to holiday time. Try fruit picking in NSW.

Guest UKRedLady

Hi,

I too have been out here over 2 months and have previously worked as a development officer for a charity and tried to get a bit of temp admin work to no avail. My husband who also has worked in project management for a charity managed to find work 3 weeks after we arrived! He met a contact at a BBQ! He now works for Max Employment - you could try giving these a go, they are always looking for people to place. Networking seems to be one of the best ways to get ahead here too. What kind of charity work did you do?

Hi, Sarina Russo agency has the contract for admin stuff for Queensland Government. The temps we've had from there rate them highly as an agency. Might be worth a go? They have sites outside the CBD but most of the work is likely to be central and public transport accessible. Good luck!