Pool Construction Costs

derham

Mine cost 23k but it's well above average size. As for "is it worth it"? depends on your disposable income and priorities. I wouldn't be without one.

depending on size, Pool pump costs between a dollar and two dollars a day to run and my chemicals for the last year totaled $365 so there's another dollar a day. Failing to maintain proper PH, chlorine etc can double, or even treble your chemistry costs in putting it right.

Including the pool, fitting, concrete surrond, tiles, fencing etc we had little change from $30K and that was 4 years ago.

Running costs are very little and in winter time when i reduce the hours the pump is on you notice little change in the electric bill reflecting this.

Could i be without it? Hell no! lol

Was it worth the money? Most definately,, theres nothing better to shut whining kids up when we have a scorcher day than chucking them in the pool,lol (this also goes for cranky hubbys after a few hours gardening!lol)

Cal x

Mine cost 23k but it's well above average size. As for "is it worth it"? depends on your disposable income and priorities. I wouldn't be without one.

depending on size, Pool pump costs between a dollar and two dollars a day to run and my chemicals for the last year totaled $365 so there's another dollar a day. Failing to maintain proper PH, chlorine etc can double, or even treble your chemistry costs in putting it right.

$23k is SOOOOOO cheap!!!!! I don't think you'd find many quotes for that sort of price. Did that include everything such as fencing, pumps, tiling around the pool etc?

Love

Rudi

x

$23k is SOOOOOO cheap!!!!! I don't think you'd find many quotes for that sort of price. Did that include everything such as fencing, pumps, tiling around the pool etc?

Love

Rudi

x

Yes it was cheap but 8 yrs ago. That was with pump, tiling. The fence I put in myself. Instead of surrounding the pool, I just fenced the pergola so the garden couldn't be accessed. Cost me less than a 3rd of the price of surrounding the pool.

We have just had three qoutes come in from 18 K and 25K for the similar sizeed pool. With all the usual gadgets .. roughly 5-6 m long and 2.7 - 3 wide . also we have a lot of digging and remodelling to do including Cranes and Bobcats etc . ( due to a dodgy shaped garden !)

We would fence ourselves so not in the qoutes .

Guest cosmicsis

Had a pool built and we are finally about 3 weeks away from being able to use it! Can't wait - this is the lifestyle we wanted for the kids (& ourselves of course), have designed it ourselves and what can be very complex was made easy by our total trust in the company. They have done about 3 of our friends pools too. It is 8 x 4 and we have gone for full colour concrete surround (rather than tiles or decking as worked out cheaper as having a seating area within it too). All in approx $38K. PM me if you would like details as i would definately recommend them. x

Had a pool built and we are finally about 3 weeks away from being able to use it! Can't wait - this is the lifestyle we wanted for the kids (& ourselves of course), have designed it ourselves and what can be very complex was made easy by our total trust in the company. They have done about 3 of our friends pools too. It is 8 x 4 and we have gone for full colour concrete surround (rather than tiles or decking as worked out cheaper as having a seating area within it too). All in approx $38K. PM me if you would like details as i would definately recommend them. x

That is much more what I would expect. I have a couple of friends who are having pools built at the moment and that is the sort of price they are paying. Actually one is paying a hell of a lot more than that!!!!

One of the companies has been great - the other is one to be avoided at all costs!!!! PM me for details!!

Love

Rudi

x