Wanted Down Under

gypsy10

Does anyone know why there haven't been any episodes of families spending their week in Perth on the show?

Wonder if it means not many people want to go to the other states which is why they are focusing on them more.

I'm dying to see one of them in Perth. I remember seeing one last year of a lovely young family who ended up moving Down under and doing really really well.

Oh well hopefully tomorrow will be the one

HaHa

Same here, what a crock of c*@p, so many go to WA and the whole series cover everywhere else other than WA.

They even covered Taz and how many people go there - not many I bet.

The worst people on it as well, there all close to their families/ very homely types and werent going to go anywhere in the first place. Then you can't blame them on getting a free holiday can you !

Apparently there is one episode but you cant seem to get it from the interweb - to be honest all they do is show around a house then the guy goes to a place to work for 10 minutes... They all seem to go in Ozzy winter which leads me to believe ther programme are cheap skates:biggrin:

It all depends on which series you're watching. I think they're now on their 6th series and different parts of australia have featured more heavily than others in some of the series. There have certainly been some episodes in Perth. It probably comes to physical constraints (it's easier to send a film crew to film a batch of episodes in one place rather than be flitting all over Australia) but a couple of series had so many episodes in Adelaide I wondered if the government of South Australia was funding the show!

Hi - stay at home mum here that get to see a lot of daytime tv. They have done loads of shows from Perth - so many that I was beginning to think the govt of WA was paying for it. And Phil Down Under did the first show in Perth! Phil Down Under made Perth look great but Wanted Down Under puts me off moving over whenever I watch it as it always looks drab and dreary!

I've done some research on the BBC website. It does seem that Perth has been under represented as out of 100 episodes only 6 were definitely in Perth (some episodes unfortunately were only described as "Australia" so I can't be sure that 6 is the total):

Series 1 (2007) 2 episodes on Perth: Keen (the first ever episode broadcast) & Whelan

Series 2 (2008) 2 episodes on Perth: Manuels & Mustafa

Series 3 (2009) 0 episodes on Perth

Series 4 (2010) 2 episodes on Perth: Page & Wilson

Series 5 (2011) 0 episodes on Perth

Now add in the fact that the BBC is currently showing episodes from Series 3 after a run of episodes from Series 5 it's not surprising that people are looking in vain for stories about Perth!

The years are when they were first broadcast (January/February time). They will all have been recorded the previous year.

They all seem to go in Ozzy winter which leads me to believe ther programme are cheap skates:biggrin:

They tend to have families on it, and they can't get time off school (a lot of schools now will fine you if you try and have time off during the school year) so have to go in the summer holidays (which also makes sense - try flying to Aus and back, running round like a mad thing cramming everything in during that one week and then expecting kids to go back to school on Monday and stay awake is a little ambitious imho.)

Our Summer = Ozzie winter.

• 5 weeks later...

The new series starts on January 03rd and runs for 4 weeks.

There are five episodes in Perth for this series and it is being shown in the mornings.

How do I know? Our episode is on the 25th at 09:15 in the morning (unless the current schedule changes) and we were the fourth family out of five to go over to Perth in the summer to film.

Guest xMarcusx
Hi - stay at home mum here that get to see a lot of daytime tv. They have done loads of shows from Perth - so many that I was beginning to think the govt of WA was paying for it. And Phil Down Under did the first show in Perth! Phil Down Under made Perth look great but Wanted Down Under puts me off moving over whenever I watch it as it always looks drab and dreary!

:) They always seemed to come to Perth in the winter and take them out to the zoo when it was raining. I actually passed one of the couples from Wanted Down Under in Joondalup last week, even said hello to them as we recognised them, it was only 2 mins later I realised why we knew them. The Perth is certainly not drab or dreary for 90% of the year.