Perth Hostels

Guest RobynE

Ello boys and girls,

Arriving in Perth next Feb - just for a week as my first port of call Down Under. Looking for a cheap and friendly hostel for the week and wondered if anyone's got any recommendations?

I'm travelling on my own so want somewhere a bit friendly, and would like to be near the CBD if possible.

Any suggestions would be wicked.

Robyn

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Robyn

Welcome to the forum, Britchix (Stacey) has recently stayed in a couple of ones in Perth so can give you the heads up and what's good and where to avoid.

Have a look at this one, it gets good reviews but to be honest I think it's a case of who is staying there at the same time as you. http://www.theoldswanbarracks.com/

Thanks! I ended up going for the Britannia.

Hiya, thanks for the update - would you rate it? We are now changing plans faster than making them and need somewhere for a couple of nights to get over jet lag in Perth - but we also need somewhere we can park the camper we are looking to buy over there for a couple of nights alongside this.

I can't see any mention of a car park on their website, so have emailed them (as they don't say they don't either and other places seem to say if they do or don't I've found), don't s'pose you know at all?

Cheers again

Pix

Hiya, thanks for the update - would you rate it? We are now changing plans faster than making them and need somewhere for a couple of nights to get over jet lag in Perth - but we also need somewhere we can park the camper we are looking to buy over there for a couple of nights alongside this.

I can't see any mention of a car park on their website, so have emailed them (as they don't say they don't either and other places seem to say if they do or don't I've found), don't s'pose you know at all?

Cheers again

Pix

they don't provide parking, but there is paid parking round the corner. It was around $22 for 24 hours. On some roads around the hostel there is free parking from the evening and overnight til early morning, but make sure you read the signs properly, we ended up with a $60 fine lol cos we didn't read the sign! Other than the parking thing the hostel is great though.

Cheers - I got a reply from them this morning as well, but have to say it was rather curt and even boarding on rude I thought (no hello, no sign off name, just one line 'we don't have parking and I don't know if there is any around here.') so didn't impress with customer service, but I may be a tad sensitive at the mo as I'm trying to get over vile horrid and deadly flu (proper flu, not man flu lol).

We are going to keep trying for a parking included place - we've just done our sums again and having spoken to SIA about changing our flights (who are SO lovely its untrue!) as there will be no cost to that and we can get a full refund on our Adelaide booking we may hang the expense and actually go for a proper hotel! get us all posh and stuff lol.

But any recommendations are still welcome :)

ahh really, that's a shame, when we were there in person the staff were really friendly! Good luck finding a place with parking tho :) I think you'd have to go out of the city a bit to get a place that provided parking! Have you thought about using cabins in vanparks in some places? We're on the Sunshine Coast and paying a weekly fee of $350 for an ensuite cabin.

• 2 weeks later...