457 visa processing times and documents?

Guest bbybear24

Guest bbybear24

Hi guys

I am new to PIO so wondering if anyone out there can help us with a few questions?

My fiance has a job interview via Skype on Fri:biggrin: and we hoping to come over on a 457.

He has passed his Vetassess TRA for a Metal Fabricator and IELTS score 6.5.

We were wondering what are the processing times for 457s and do we need to apply for police checks and aslo get medicals? (we also have a 1 year old son).

Guest hakanakah

Hi there,

We have lodged our application via an agency in Perth on 18th and visa was issued on 20th of October. That is a processing time of 12 calendar days :) All documents were complete and there was no need for resubmission, review etc. Also we made sure that they had received the health check results before submitting.

They seem to be quite fast in processing 457's these days. I hope this helps.

Good luck with the interview!

Cheers,

Hakan

Guest bbybear24

Hi Hakan

Thank you for your reply :o)

I meant to say were are still in Scotland a the moment, sorry about the confusion:embarrassed:

I think I still have baby brain and our wee man nearly 1..lol

Thanks again

Guest hakanakah

:) Sorry my bad, I should have cleared that we used the services of the agent while still in Dublin.

We will be flying within the next couple of weeks. Oh, baby brain helps a lot trying to communicate with them! Enjoy these times, as they get older it is much more fun but not the same. Our son has turned three back in July and he is as excited as we do about the idea of a looooong flight !! God knows what is ahead of us!!! :)

Keep in touch and we might be able to share more experiences about the move.

Cheers,

Hakan

Guest bbybear24

Thanks guys for your replys:smile:

Wow seems to be pretty quick then...

So if my Fiance gets offered the position do we just complete the 457 form, stating the company? (I think the company is registered)

Do we need the police checks then?

I thought you had to get a medical with chest xray etc?

Thanks for letting me pick all your brains :o)

Guest hakanakah
Thanks guys for your replys:smile:

Wow seems to be pretty quick then...

So if my Fiance gets offered the position do we just complete the 457 form, stating the company? (I think the company is registered)

Do we need the police checks then?

I thought you had to get a medical with chest xray etc?

Thanks for letting me pick all your brains :o)

You are welcome,

I have benefited from sharing others experience through this site so I am putting it into practice :)

We have just filled in the forms, did no police check etc. Medical also seems to vary I believe depending on your background, I did need only x rays my wife full medical and my son nothing! :) Most families from Ireland are doing at least an Xray as far as I can recall other posts. I have no idea about the situation in UK though. Previous poster said they did not need any. You will find these useful;

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/_pdf/457-application-checklist.pdf

Good luck,

Let us know how you get on,

Cheers,

Hakan

Guest bbybear24

Thanks Hakan..those links were really helpful :o)

Wow..so you are flying in the next couple of weeks..thats great! Yous must be soooooo excited!

Yeah the thought of a long flight with a toddler is a bit scary I must admit!

So is it WA you are going to? What is it you do yourself?

Fiance had his interview yesterday via skype, job sounds great so we are just keeping our fingers crossed. I think there are alot in for the position so we will just have to wait and see.

We just cant wait to get over there, this country is so depressing at the moment!

We defo want a far better way of life for us all and Australia is the place to be! :o) :o)

Guest hakanakah
Thanks Hakan..those links were really helpful :o)

Wow..so you are flying in the next couple of weeks..thats great! Yous must be soooooo excited!

Yeah the thought of a long flight with a toddler is a bit scary I must admit!

So is it WA you are going to? What is it you do yourself?

Fiance had his interview yesterday via skype, job sounds great so we are just keeping our fingers crossed. I think there are alot in for the position so we will just have to wait and see.

We just cant wait to get over there, this country is so depressing at the moment!

We defo want a far better way of life for us all and Australia is the place to be! :o) :o)

Hi, sorry for the lae reply have been away for a while. Did you hear from the interviewers?

Oh it's definetely a big move and we are very excited about it too. We are keeping a slight room for dissapointment too as we (those who relocate) seem to focus on good bits and get dissapointed when there is a tiny bit of problem. :) Just to avoid that we try and be a bit realistic about our expectations. Sharing information with others here helps a lot I must say. We don't feel alone, in a way.

Yep, we are heading to Perth. I am a planner, received an offer from a construction company, had long chats with my wife and finally decided that we wanted to move. We have a son who is 3.5 and my wife is an academician so it will, hopefully, be better for her too, you know, considering the impact of all these budget cuts on universities and research, etc. She is hoping to get a post-doc position there but we will see.

I agree, the whole negative attitude does not really help. I wish your fiance the best of luck with the interview. If it does not happen, don't give up. If you really want to relocate and have the expertise, there are loads of opportunities. Let me know how it goes and I will forward you some job sites if the result is not what you wished for.

Please do keep in touch and let us know if there is anything we can help.

Cheers,

Hakan

Hi there,

We have lodged our application via an agency in Perth on 18th and visa was issued on 20th of October. That is a processing time of 12 calendar days :) All documents were complete and there was no need for resubmission, review etc. Also we made sure that they had received the health check results before submitting.

They seem to be quite fast in processing 457's these days. I hope this helps.

Good luck with the interview!

Cheers,

Hakan

hi..did you do your 457 visa processing from ireland..and did you mean 8th october this year. ..we filled out our forms this week & sent them to the agent..going by everyone else post we should knwo before xmas if we were successful or not...exciting! & soooooo scary.....

Guest hakanakah
hi..did you do your 457 visa processing from ireland..and did you mean 8th october this year. ..we filled out our forms this week & sent them to the agent..going by everyone else post we should knwo before xmas if we were successful or not...exciting! & soooooo scary.....

Hi Cg1,

Congratulations on starting the process. Yes we lodged the application October 2011.They were very quick to process it. Hopefully you will hear in first days of December, if not before!

I know it is scary but also exciting. I am sure everything will work out smoothly for you. When are you planning to move?

You all have a nice weekend.

Cheers,

Hakan

Guest hakanakah

Cg1 I forgot to answer your first question. Yes we applied while in Ireland. Scanned all documents, filled in soft copies where possible, did the health checks at Mater and couriered the results. The agency in Perth checked everything wad allright and lodged the application on our behalf. The health insurance wad done by the company. Let us know how you get on. Meanwhile feel free to ask anything about the process and the relocation preperations. Cheers, Hakan.

Guest haunted1234

hubbys completed visa forms, scanned them and sent them to his new employer, they did the rest via Emigra in Melbourne. 13 days and approved, no medicals, police check and no need for private medical insurance (just good travel insurance)! hubby is a civil engineer and his company were pre approved! good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bbybear24

457 VISA GRANTED TODAY.......YIPEE!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

457 Visa logged - 29/11/11 - Granted 07/12/11 (no medicals or police checks required)

Company Nomination logged 17/11/11 - Granted 27/11/11

IELTS completed - 22/10/11

Vetassess TRA completed - 26/10/11

Guest bbybear24

Hi Hakan

How are things coming along for you all?

We got our visa granted today...so we are over the moon!!

I was wondering if I coud ask your advice about appying for your TFN? What "ATO Publication code" option did you pick when you logged onto the ATO website?

Thanks

Guest Guest55385

Hi,

Our 457 took 5-6 weeks. We had no medical and no police checks. IMO don't bother asking or suggesting as it will cost you money you don't need to spend :)