Plug and swapping them

Guest dannyboy

Guest dannyboy

Hi ya all,

Does anybody know how to swap over the plugs from the UK to a Ozzie plug on TV's and DVD's or even a good website that could tell me how to do it?????

Thanks

Dan

PS - 5 weeks in - got a car, a rental house and a job!!

Guest ontheup
Hi ya all,

Does anybody know how to swap over the plugs from the UK to a Ozzie plug on TV's and DVD's or even a good website that could tell me how to do it?????

Thanks

Dan

PS - 5 weeks in - got a car, a rental house and a job!!

Think I may have missed the point here but if you mean electrical plugs just chop it off and rewire as you would for any plug:). If you meant somehting else dont mind me :err:

Guest The Picketts

Changing the plugs is easy but why don't they have fuses?! I am loath to put a plug on my computer or anything else that would be expensive to replace without a fuse - lamps etc are ok of course. I know you can get surge protectors but to do that for several items would be quite expensive I think - what have others done in this situation?

Thanks - Cheryl

There are separate circuits in the meter box with a cut out switch, surge protectors. They were compulsory on all new builds after a certain date, can't remember when, but quite a while ago. If you buy an old hold it is wise to have a sparky fit some in the meter box.

Guest The Picketts

Thanks Tisme - our house is only 3 years old. You must live pretty close by to us - we've just been visiting our friends who live just off The Avenue in Warnbro! Will you be going to the meeting in December at King's Park too?

Regardsi, Cheryl

Guest The Picketts

Hi again Tisme - we are in Harrington Waters so not far away from The Last Drop at all. Chris, another PiO lives near you too. We haven't actually moved into our house yet as we are having a few changes made but hopefully will be in there in a couple of weeks time. Thanks for the tip about the circuit box - I feel more secure about changing all the plugs now!

Regards, Cheryl

Guest AndyandAlly

Top tip from the man at Crown relocations, Take plenty of extension leads and just change that plug.

I thought it was good anyhow...

Ally

xx

Archived