Afro Developer

Proof The 80's Was Crap

New Romantics, Power Ballads, Leg Warmers, and Saxaphone players appearing in every other music video. Just some of the many gazillion billion trillion reasons why the 80's was so dire.

If you're a fan though. Live through some nostalgia with this 1985 argos catalogue which has been scanned and available to flick through on Flickr. I was still a pup then, so the toy section induced some memories I'd forgotten about. Everything else though, just seems so primitive.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38301877@N05/3593028702/in/photostream/

There is quite a bit I remember in there...... The Hungry Hippo game, still remember the adverts! Some are still going strong, Mr Frosty and Care Bears are actually on sale in Target right now.....

And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first time.

Guest Guest16631

.........my kids were little in the 80's...............so remember much of that........in fact still got lots of it............a trip to the salvo's is on the cards I think...........thanks for posting that.......fond memories........

Ah the cabbage patch dolls I remember my mother trying to get this for my sister when it first came out they were like gold dust. Looking back on the fashion it was like we got dressed in the dark:laugh: but of course we all thought we were only massive.

Great music from the 80's though so not all bad:wink:

I'm usually much more nostalgic about the 60's & 70's but some of my favourite bands are from the 80's - 'Altered Images', 'Echo & The Bunnymen', 'OMD', 'Men At Work', - and one of my absolute, all time favourite songs - 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' - 'Joy Division.

the 80s wer great IMO a was drinking cider and dancing in the 80s wee nae a care in the world:jiggy:

Now would that be knacker drinking as we called it, having a flaggan of cider down the field with yer mates :wubclub:

Now would that be knacker drinking as we called it, having a flaggan of cider down the field with yer mates :wubclub:
nah never heard o knacker drinking:cute:a wus doon the local park wee ma pals having a few merry downs [cider] and a smoke:wink: bloody loved the 80s:notworthy:

av got ither memories o the 80s but a winna say on here:wub:

Where you a New Romantic by any chance? I could imagine you fighting with the North Sea gale, trying and keep your quiff in place.

Where you a New Romantic by any chance? I could imagine you fighting with the North Sea gale, trying and keep your quiff in place.
nae chunce a wis a mod:cute: stay press wee dr martins fred perry and sambas:laugh: quiff? ye wise min:laugh:kept mine short and still dee, 80s wer magic:notworthy: