and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Jackboots

Mobile phones , advice

Hello ,

just wondering if any thoughts on this dillema i have .

I need a phone i am on a contract and i have a new Samsung Google phone i got it two months ago , i hate it !

So i am going to buy an unlocked mobile and wondered if we have any reccomendations ... i don't use the internet much mainlt text and talk ( quite a lot ):smile: and i don't really need an I phone ... ( please don't say don't bother lol ) and pref not a touch screen either :nah: i know they are nearly all like that ... its like a blooming technical minefield :unsure: ..

to much partying to much booze gives you spots and makes you snooze!

sharon.

Guest littlesarah

I's hard to get a phone that isn't a smartphone! I know because that's what I was after - but I ended up getting a Samsung Galaxy (which I actually really like and use more of the apps than I thought I would).

You can still buy a more 'basic' mobile phone (I lloked at the Nokia 'C' series) - try Allphones (allphones.com.au or they have shops too). Or you could buy a prepaid phone on the same network and put your sim in that (if it's cheaper).

Thanks Sarah , i have the new Samsung nexus/google blah blah .... i really don't like it !

Just want a none touch screen .. there are so many phones ..eek

sharon.

Guest Guest31881

try your local Post office, I got one from mine, an unlocked basic phone that accepts any SIM. Nothing fancy, just lest you make calls and text. Also check the Coles petrol stations as they sometimes have unlocked phones,

SOOO Nokia or Sony ericson ?? any thought pwease ?

sharon.

Up until recently i'd always had Nokia's. They never let me down. I had a nice Sony Ericsson too which had a couple of buggy errors but eventually got sorted. I now have a Blackberry which in the last month has driven me absolutely bonkers!

Saying that i would look at getting another BB after this one as i do enjoy the features and can sort software issues out myself (so far).

I would NOT get an iPhone (i actually wrote eyephone first, do'h!):biglaugh: nor a HTC due to the touch screens. Not keen on those.

If i wasn't going to get another BB i would go for nokia but a keypad one. I haven't looked at the new phones out so can't pinpoint any particular modals so can't help you there.

Good luck!

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight and we are starting to really plan.

Hubby, Paramedic.

Me, Adult Nursing student starting Sept 2018. 

Guest littlesarah

when I was looking for a new phone, the reviews didn't rate the new 'cheap' Nokias. But if it doesn't cost much it's not a big deal if it breaks after a while, I guess. I used to love SonyEricsson, but my husband's last two were awful - both had speaker issues after a very short time (2 months for the last one), and both ended up with temperamental keypads after a year or so. But they're just two phones out of millions produced, so maybe he was unlucky.

I have to say that the newer touch screens are a lot better than the earlier ones (I had a LG Renoir, which had a horrid touch screen - hence my not wanting one until I got my Samsung), but I understand how frustrating they can be. I can't really help you with recommendations because the last mobile phone with keys I bought was in 2008 (that was a SonyEricsson, actually, & I still use it when I'm in the UK - so they can't be all bad!)

Good luck - technology brings with it too much choice, I sometimes think!

thanks for the input all :)

sharon.