Visa Options for Bank worker???

Guest nicolab980

Guest nicolab980

Hi everyone, I currently work for a UK Bank & would love the opportunity to move to oz. I've spoken to the MD of an OZ company that do the same role as I currently do (asset finance) and he did advise me I have a "skill" that would add value to a company. However my actual job title doesnt appear on the skilled job list so im confused if I would be able to make the move. Ideally I would like to be able to get a visa based on having a skill as im finding most companies I've contacted are not forthcoming in sponsoring?? Please help!

Guest nicolab980

Thanks very much for your reply, as you can tell im right at the start of the whole process & finding it all a bit of a mindfield!!? Sorry this may be a stupid question, but do you happen to know how they would assess if my role falls within the skilled catagory?

Thanks very much for your reply, as you can tell im right at the start of the whole process & finding it all a bit of a mindfield!!? Sorry this may be a stupid question, but do you happen to know how they would assess if my role falls within the skilled catagory?

For occupations on the ENSOL list you have to have a company willing to sponsor you. But as far as I know they don't have to have skills assessment (I didn't). They just have to prove that you have the relevant work experience and they are unable find an Aus citizen to fill the position - as far as I'm aware - but I could be wrong.

Hi everyone, I currently work for a UK Bank & would love the opportunity to move to oz. I've spoken to the MD of an OZ company that do the same role as I currently do (asset finance) and he did advise me I have a "skill" that would add value to a company. However my actual job title doesnt appear on the skilled job list so im confused if I would be able to make the move. Ideally I would like to be able to get a visa based on having a skill as im finding most companies I've contacted are not forthcoming in sponsoring?? Please help!

Your duties are assessed, not your job title.