Guest shea1980

Occupation for at least 12 of the last 24 months?

Guest shea1980

Hi guys,i am looking to get a 175 visa for australia,i am 31 and single,and a qualified plumber,but i have a question on the imma website it says about did i have occupation for at least 12 of the last 24 months.as i live in ireland the country is in very bad recession and it is impossible to try to get a plumbing job,as a result of that i didnt work 12 of the last 24 months only small jobs in my local area,my question is does this affect my trying to get a 175 visa? and or is there anyway around this?:unsure:any info would be great guys and thanks again

Yes you need to be working in your field for at least 12 months! They will look for P60's and references to show you have been working for employers in your trade.

You could speak to a migration agent, they might be able to tell you some way around it! THe fact that you have been unemployed may have some bearing on the rule, maybe theres some way around it!>?!

This country is in tatters...... i'm off in April, had enough of it here!

Good luck!

to add to 'ilovemilkeymoos' (one of the more interesting names ive seen on this site!) when I sat my Vetassess for Joinery I had to prove the years I have worked with payslips and a reference, I understand you are self employed but immi and vetassess want to see every bit of info you have, i.e p60s. talk to them though, you never know, they may offer you advice.

Good luck

Voted worst new member 2011..... :err:

Guest bowow2011

Yes they are very strict we went travelling for 12 months hubby had been an electrician for donkeys years but couldn't apply until he came back and did 12/24 months we missed out by 6 days off the 12 months but now have our visa after applying after the 12 months :0)

Guest shea1980
to add to 'ilovemilkeymoos' (one of the more interesting names ive seen on this site!) when I sat my Vetassess for Joinery I had to prove the years I have worked with payslips and a reference, I understand you are self employed but immi and vetassess want to see every bit of info you have, i.e p60s. talk to them though, you never know, they may offer you advice.

Good luck

Hey guys thank you,s for your relpy,s,i am just wondering do you mean that i should talk to Vetassess for advice?or imma.thanks again

Hi guys,i am looking to get a 175 visa for australia,i am 31 and single,and a qualified plumber,but i have a question on the imma website it says about did i have occupation for at least 12 of the last 24 months.as i live in ireland the country is in very bad recession and it is impossible to try to get a plumbing job,as a result of that i didnt work 12 of the last 24 months only small jobs in my local area,my question is does this affect my trying to get a 175 visa? and or is there anyway around this?:unsure:any info would be great guys and thanks again

You might be able to develop a visa strategy. I suggest you consult a registered migration agent.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Hey guys thank you,s for your relpy,s,i am just wondering do you mean that i should talk to Vetassess for advice?or imma.thanks again

I would call Immi under a pseudonym, and explain your situation.

Good luck

Voted worst new member 2011..... :err: