Guest Matthew88

Cold, wet and miserable.. I can not wait for april

Guest Matthew88

Seriously guys the day i fly out i will jump for joy.. think im having a bad day but i look out side and i can not wait to be on that plain..

Seriously guys the day i fly out i will jump for joy.. think im having a bad day but i look out side and i can not wait to be on that plain..

It is so depressing! Sittiing here with the heating pumping out, looking out onto a damp freezing wet day!

Roll on the next couple of weeks,

Donna x

Donna 32, Terry 31 and Katie 5!:cool:, IELTS Academic Passed 12/03/11, ANMAC approved 27/06/11, WA SS 30/06/11, 176 visa lodged 30/06/11. CO 2/8/11, PCC UK 26/8, PCC cyprus 7/9, meds finalised 31/08/11, visa granted 10/10/11, flight booked 02/03/12.

I know how you feel....and I've just decided to not go back to Aus until next April so I get the joy of winter here and winter in Aus. :cry:

It's a horrible, cold, wet day today......

I know how you feel, been the same here in Perth today!!

Guest Matthew88

At least the winter in April in oz is better than the -20 we get here!! Right down in the dumps today I am! :(

At least the winter in April in oz is better than the -20 we get here!! Right down in the dumps today I am! :(

You are in Birmingham? I sometimes describe Sydney as being 'Birmingham with a beach!' If Birmingham DID have a beach, would it be like Sydney? (I've not been to Brum!)

We're off out in April too..... got one of those count down thingys on my laptop today..... 140 days left and then we're gone.................

Great invention and keeps the will going!

I'll take a Oz winter over a Irl/UK winter any day!

You are in Birmingham? I sometimes describe Sydney as being 'Birmingham with a beach!' If Birmingham DID have a beach, would it be like Sydney? (I've not been to Brum!)

i'm guessing you don't work for The Australian Tourist Board! Birmingham's lovely in places but even with a beach, you wouldn't find many people that would want to holiday here.

Steve, Shirley, Louis 19,Lucas 8, Leo 4, Lily- Ella 3, 7 /5/10, TRA recieved 9/7/10, wa state sponsorship applied 20/12/10, obtained 6/2/11, 176 applied 20/2/11. C.O 10/05/11 Meds 21/06/11 Police check uploaded 24/06/11 VISA GRANTED 15/07/11

Its a bit dull an cold here too. I feel like its ages since ive had some sun even tho i was only back from holiday 2months ago lol.

I just want to know that im definitely going to oz then i can start looking looking foward to it!!

Guest sh7t man no way

i quite like the english winter,and all it offers--still we are all different i suppose--enjoy your australian summers when you get there

i quite like the english winter,and all it offers--still we are all different i suppose--enjoy your australian summers when you get there

i love autumn, but i hate when scotland gets really harsh winters, hopefully this year wont be as bad as last year

30 degrees in Sydney today but 36 in the Western Suburbs where there's no cooling breezes. 21 at the moment in the City which is 5 above the average.

30 degrees in Sydney today but 36 in the Western Suburbs where there's no cooling breezes. 21 at the moment in the City which is 5 above the average.

Are you trying to wind me up :mad: lol

I'm going to Canberra - they still get winter there!:sad: Still, it doesn't go for as long as iti does over here. One of the reasons for Canberra is because of the seasons....I hate the cold but I do love the autumn colours and the flowers in spring.......

Melbourne's weather today doesn't even bear talking about in case in changes from when I finish typing this sentence. Raining this morning, bright and sunny right now, and just heard there is a storm coming in at 5pm ish and they are warning people it will be a big one and to keep off the road if possible. Aaaargh, think I'll move to Perth.......(er, not:laugh:)

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

We have almost reached the monthly rainfall average for Nov in Perth and we are only 9 days in...so it can be wet and misreable here too. Dont' build it up too much!

Lang may yer lum reek!

Are you trying to wind me up :mad: lol

You have to factor in the humidity so if you want to imagine that, turn your hairdryer on and point it at your face!

I'm going to Canberra - they still get winter there!:sad: Still, it doesn't go for as long as iti does over here. One of the reasons for Canberra is because of the seasons....I hate the cold but I do love the autumn colours and the flowers in spring.......

I was down there one August with my brother. Our motel had frost on the window when we got up but it was a sunny day and lovely by lunchtime. I remember thinking that all the trees were just 'bursting' to break out for spring. I have to say that high summer in Canberra was not to my liking. These temperatures over 30 degrees might sound great but they are hard to bear outside of the air conditioned buildings and cars!

We have almost reached the monthly rainfall average for Nov in Perth and we are only 9 days in...so it can be wet and misreable here too. Dont' build it up too much!

I dont mind rain, its the fact that im guaranteed a summer that im looking foward to

I went out for a walk about 7.30 pm - Cleveland, Crown, Devonshire & Elizabeth Streets and there is a very summery feeling about - restaurants with their doors and windows wide open, people eating at the pavement tables, the sounds of ?cicadas? or ?crickets? and the scent of ?jasmine? There was even a banner in Ward Park advertiising a Xmas Carols concert there in early December.

That was my first real walk since I got my cold as I'd never felt like walking more than a few yards before. I almost went into a pub for a couple of 'schooies' but I'm firm in my (so far) five nights of temperance.

I went out for a walk about 7.30 pm - Cleveland, Crown, Devonshire & Elizabeth Streets and there is a very summery feeling about - restaurants with their doors and windows wide open, people eating at the pavement tables, the sounds of ?cicadas? or ?crickets? and the scent of ?jasmine? There was even a banner in Ward Park advertiising a Xmas Carols concert there in early December.

That was my first real walk since I got my cold as I'd never felt like walking more than a few yards before. I almost went into a pub for a couple of 'schooies' but I'm firm in my (so far) five nights of temperance.

Sounds nice. It's been very nice here - cool, crisp and lots of leaves everywhere,. might be a few more weeks till we have snow

Sounds nice. It's been very nice here - cool, crisp and lots of leaves everywhere,. might be a few more weeks till we have snow

I've been reading the Daily Mail online and saw the item about unusually mild weather in November. I usually got used to the winter weather when I lived back in England although in the south of England where I come from, the winters were not as bad as the rest of the country.

Suffering from insomnia at the moment! Went to bed at midnight, very tired, woke up at 1am, then got up for a while, then back to bed and up again at 3. I think I might as well have my breakfast now at 4.45!

We get bad winters up here but so far its been mild, could all change quickly but the weatherman says no snow for the foreseable future apparently. Last year we had snow in October.

I had bad insomnia for ages but doing excercise seems to be helping, im usually quite tired. Hope yours goes away

We get bad winters up here but so far its been mild, could all change quickly but the weatherman says no snow for the foreseable future apparently. Last year we had snow in October.

I had bad insomnia for ages but doing excercise seems to be helping, im usually quite tired. Hope yours goes away

I went back to bed for a while then got up again, had my breakfast and now it's ten past six and light of course. Reminds me of flying back to England and waking up with jetlag. I might go for a walk I think. Take your advice and get some exercise.