MARYROSE02

'Being Human' & 'Modern Family (lies?) both new for me tonight

I love Modern Family, makes me laugh and I adore every single character ... very well written and acted.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Modern Family is THE best sitcom ever to come out of the US I reckon !

Not sure I like the wife saying I'm a Phil though ! :rolleyes:

Have to have a look at "Being Human"

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

Modern Family is THE best sitcom ever to come out of the US I reckon !

Not sure I like the wife saying I'm a Phil though ! :rolleyes:

Ha ha .... the good parent bad parent swap episode was so our family ... we're Claire and Phil. I love how Gloria says Pheeeelllll and he think she says Feel and goes to touch her. Cam and Mitch are awesome and there have been moments with the kids when i've looked at my two and said "who does that remind you of". Deserves all the awards and I agree ... best sitcom by far

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

I daren't mention the the missus is a bit "Claire" like, but my son is so like Luke !

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

My son are Luke and Phil, encouraging each other in silly things ... and I give that disapproving 'Claire' look. My daughter is Haley

Being Human is briliant British tv . I have bought them all up until now on dvd from Amazon :)

to much partying to much booze gives you spots and makes you snooze!

sharon.

I've just turned my TV off at 10 to 11, after watching, Modern Family, Being Human, & The Misfits - so the first two were for the first time, and The Misfits I saw last week for the first time. I was telling my brother about Modern Family, surprised that his wife is not into it as she loves Will & Grace & Friends.

Ok so when is modern family on ? .. i was a huge Will & Grace fan and Friends and i also like How i met your mother ... do we have it on in WA ?

Being Human is very quirky and a bit edgy and just gets better later on in the series .. well worth sticking with :animal-bat:

sharon.

Modern Family is on channel 10 Tuesdays (think at 7.30)

Thank you :wubclub: is it easy to catch up with ? sometimes its hard if a series has already started i mean .

sharon.

That's right. I think I only had it on because I lost my Foxtel signal during the Sydney storms in late arvo/early evening, so I switched to the TV.

I had seen it on in Rose Bay RSL but couldn't really hear it. Tonight I paid attention and was also pleased that it has no 'laughter' (canned or live!) I 'Googled' it too to get up to speed with the characters and now I'm hooked.

My brother told me his daughter was stuck in a train from the City to East Hills for two hours because of that storm.

I was watching the other progs on Foxtel - UK TV - waiting for new series of 'Sons Of Anarchy' & 'Boardwalk Empire' soon too.

its on TEN catch up tv ... im off for a viewing thanx all

sharon.

Thank you :wubclub: is it easy to catch up with ? sometimes its hard if a series has already started i mean .

Posted you a link on your FB page - they did a spoof for the Emmys (I think) with George Clooney - very funny and a bit of eye candy with George lol

Posted you a link on your FB page - they did a spoof for the Emmys (I think) with George Clooney - very funny and a bit of eye candy with George lol

NICE :wubclub: thanx

sharon.

Make sure its the BBC UK version. Top stuff.

The US did a remake of it and it fared badly and had crappy reviews.

Make sure its the BBC UK version. Top stuff.

The US did a remake of it and it fared badly and had crappy reviews.

This is the English version which begins with one of them mistaken for a 'peedo' (sic.)

Guest Dreamy
Being Human is briliant British tv . I have bought them all up until now on dvd from Amazon :)

We love Being Human. We kept meaning to watch it when it was advertised on the telly and never did.. then I saw the complete first series on dvd and picked it up. I think we watched it all in two days and I was directed to get the second series as soon as possible.

When the third series came out it was also purchased promptly :biggrin:

We also love Modern Family - very well acted, very well written, I like the 'psuedo-documentary' style of it. I just wish Channel fricking Ten would stop doing their usual trick of interspersing new episodes with old ones.

Yep, definitely adore Being Human - the English version (why did the US even try to remake it - their version is awful!) I just have to catch up on the last episode which I've put off watching coz my daughter tells me about .... oh I was going to put what she told me but realised that might spoil things for those of you still watching!! So I won't...:embarrassed:

Can't wait for series 4 - which apparently we have to wait for next year for....but without my favourite character in it, I hope I'll still enjoy it as much...

Yep, definitely adore Being Human - the English version (why did the US even try to remake it - their version is awful!) I just have to catch up on the last episode which I've put off watching coz my daughter tells me about .... oh I was going to put what she told me but realised that might spoil things for those of you still watching!! So I won't...:embarrassed:

Can't wait for series 4 - which apparently we have to wait for next year for....but without my favourite character in it, I hope I'll still enjoy it as much...

Sometimes, their 'remakes' work though - 'The Monkees' for example!

They should probably restrict 'HBO" to any remakes of Pommie shows! Maybe there's room for British versions of 'The Sopranos' & 'True Blood?' (Please don't shame me by telling me they've already done it!)

Oh yes, definitely True Blood could work as a remake... hopefully they'd find a less wooden actress to play Sookie too! After reading the books, I was so disappointed in the casting of the TV series....she wasn't how I'd imagined her at all!

Oh yes, definitely True Blood could work as a remake... hopefully they'd find a less wooden actress to play Sookie too! After reading the books, I was so disappointed in the casting of the TV series....she wasn't how I'd imagined her at all!

I have not read the books but I rather like the actress who plays Sookie!

Being Human is FAB!!! IS it back on in Oz?

I don't think it's a new series although it is for me as I've not seen it before.