carlos66

Flights for dogs over Christmas?

Well I have just realised that after 30 days in Quarantine our dog will be released right on Christmas Eve! He is going to eastern creek and needs to be in Adelaide, what I would like to know is will we be able to arrange a flight for him in this period. He might have to end up hitching a ride with that fat man in a red suit in his reindeer powered vehicle!

:eek:

Guest MontyClaude

Good luck with the move. Will eastern creek release them on Christmas eve? I know spotswood closes on the 21st but that might just be for imports, not releases.

I think they all close on 21st for imports but they should be able to release them on Xmas eve. Oakley is being released between Xmas and New Year and we're either driving down to Sydney to pick him up or he'll be on another flight up to Brisbane.

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'd better send them an e-mail to see what to do

:smile:

Guest MontyClaude

I hope your furry gets home in time for Santa :)

A company called Dogtainers shipped our two dogs from EAstern to Canberra this involved collecting them, taking them to the airport, the flight to Canberra then driving them out to our house.

Awesome service, we didn't pay for it as it was arranged by our UK shipping company and paid for by them due to a load of hassle we had prior to them arriving in Australia.

Give them a shout may be able to help you get things sorted.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-35.171601,149.106262

Later days - Dave and Joanne

-------------------------------------------------------------

State Sponsored Visa Granted 20Jan11 - Arrived in Canberra 22Sep11 - Citizens Mar16

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'd better send them an e-mail to see what to do

:smile:

Let us know what they say if you don't mind. FWIW I know someone recently posted about one of the quarantines centres keeping their dog and extra day or two till they could collect. Perhaps this might be an option also if need be.

If you can manage it, maybe try and call them if you don't hear back fairly quickly - I've only had dealings with Spotswood, but the staff there have been fabulous. They might be able to suggest an option to you as well :)

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

The Eastern Creek staff are very friendly and helpful so a call may not be a bad idea. Hope you get it all sorted out.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-35.346294,149.086967

Later days - Dave and Joanne

-------------------------------------------------------------

State Sponsored Visa Granted 20Jan11 - Arrived in Canberra 22Sep11 - Citizens Mar16