Police check or not

zidden

I have currently been granted state sponsorship (October 26th) and uploaded all required documents to DIAC so far (October 27th), except for medicals and police checks. I am still awaiting a CO.

Is it wise to proceed with the Police checks now and book a Medical for December/January so that I am organised? I am a low risk catergory so I my 176 visa should take 12 months and both of these final checks are valid for 12 months.

Thanks. :unsure:

Its up to you but your first entry date will be dependent on the date of your PCC if you get them now.

It only took a week for the ACRO certificate to come back when we sent them away. You would have plenty of time to get them back as it takes a week to get all the blood test results uploaded.

If you wanted to be organised - download the ACRO application

Get passport photo (we took ones ourselfs, used idphoto4you.com to resize, and got printed in costco for 20p)- and 1 certified by someone in specific occupation.

have copy of passport and 2 proof of address.

Once you have a CO you can just get it sent away.

The visa's first entry has to be within 12 months of the police and medical checks. So if they were accepted today, then you'd have to enter Australia on the visa by the start of November next year.

(Note that's first entry. You don't have to move there right away.)

Are you in a great rush to get to Australia? If not then I'd hold off until you're assigned a CO. It'll slow the process down by three or four weeks, but will give you more time to get over there.