TRA / Australian skills assessments

Guest propainter

Guest propainter

I am in the process of getting my trade assessed and getting painting and decorating AQFIII papers . I am just a bit unclear as to whether I still need to get assessed by TRA when I get these papers, or is that enough to use for my 175 visa application.

Thanks a million!

I am in the process of getting my trade assessed and getting painting and decorating AQFIII papers . I am just a bit unclear as to whether I still need to get assessed by TRA when I get these papers, or is that enough to use for my 175 visa application.

Thanks a million!

I don't think it matters what qualification you have you still have to get your trade assessed and they ask for letters from employers and are quite specific about exactly what it is that you do, you then send this certificate with your visa application and unfortunately the whole process can take a few months :arghh:

Try this link for more info

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Programs/SkillsAssess/TRA/residenceVisa/Skilled/Pages/home.aspx

My OH just got AQF III in wall & floor tiling and yeah he still has to do the whole TRA poo! He is self employed so it means more pieces of paper to get from people who have already given us stuff for the AQF I've been dragging my heals a bit to be honest the thought of the 2nd mountain of paperwork for much the same thing is killing me!

Anyway good luck!