You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

thewebweazel

Am I just getting old?(2) When did it change?

Last week The Weazels (Mr and Mrs) locked the kids in the Cupboard and headed off to London to see one of our favourite Bands Blue October for the second time. To all those people reaching for the phone to ring Social Services just hang on a sec, we did give them food and water!!

Anyway It was just simply brilliant really worth the measly £30 I paid for the tickets many times over! Unfortunately the Crowd just stood there nearly dead still, their one arm in the air with a fore finger poking some imaginary lift button like a Churchill Nodding dog in the back window of a Ford Granada. It was really sad to see, these people supposedly staunch Blue October fans looking like they had just died, it must have been disappointing for the lead singer Justin Furstenfeld and he is probably wondering why he even bothered with the 2 shows in the UK (opposed to 10 in Germany). Is this the face of the next generation of concert goers or am I just getting old and jumping around like a weazel about to be neutered is no longer Cool?

[YOUTUBE]dDxgSvJINlU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OAvIvDyxrAY[/YOUTUBE]

What is the likelihood of seeing any good music in OZ? Or is it a music backwater?

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!

There was your problem, you went to a London gig. I've been to gigs there where it feels like the crowd are doing the band a favour by tuning up. On the other hand ten gigs in Germany is understandable. Saw Pearl Jam in Berlin last year and hand on heart it was one of the best gigs I've been to. The crowd were immense. I can honestly say it was one of the defining days of my life and one I wont forget easily.

There was your problem, you went to a London gig. I've been to gigs there where it feels like the crowd are doing the band a favour by tuning up. On the other hand ten gigs in Germany is understandable. Saw Pearl Jam in Berlin last year and hand on heart it was one of the best gigs I've been to. The crowd were immense. I can honestly say it was one of the defining days of my life and one I wont forget easily.

Pearl Jam! That must have been Awesome!!! Funny enough Mrs Weazel said that same thing about the London crowd.

I think a Rammstien concert in Germany would really be an Eye opener:wideeyed:

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!

We got that at a Kaiser Chiefs concert in Brighton. People just sitting around us tapping their toes while we jumped around like loons and sang along at the top of our lungs - the ONLY way to behave at a Kaisers gig ! :yes::cool:

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

We got that at a Kaiser Chiefs concert in Brighton. People just sitting around us tapping their toes while we jumped around like loons and sang along at the top of our lungs - the ONLY way to behave at a Kaisers gig ! :yes::cool:

That is how we give ourselves away as Old Fogies !! The other gripe I had was the Vile stuff they sell as alcohol! Captive audience and all that ...YUCK

I learnt a lesson about concerts the hard way. I stupidly went to a Oasis concert kinda dressed up, definitely not dressed appropriately for jumping up and down and having beer thrown on me! I actually saw some people peeing into a bottle then throwing it into the crowd!

The concert was amazing but i dont think i was rock n roll enough for it lol