Has anyone used IOM to book a migrant fare?

sarab

Hi

Has anyone used IOM (International Organisation for Migration) to book a one way fare to Oz?

According to the 176 Visa Paperwork I got, I believe they can get you reduced fares and extra baggage allowance, however, I have had no joy contacting them - no reply to several emails or messages left on voicemails (which is pretty bad for an international organisation that is supposed to help people!!).

I guess my question is;

- is it worth pursuing them - am I going to save any money really?

- is there any other way to get a reduced/subsidised fare with extra baggage allowance?

- what extra baggage allowance does each of the airlines offer?

Thanks

Hi i think most people find IOM no cheaper than anywere else.

As for extra baggage allowance ,if you tell them your migrating when you book you get alot more baggae allowance but you will only get the allowance once.

We flew with Singapore and booked through Austravel and cant complain abut anything really.

Cal x

Guest MontyClaude

Hi Sarahb, we used them for our flights from Ireland to Melbourne. I don't think they were much if any cheaper but we did get 40kg allowance each. I think you can get extra allowance with any of the major airlines if you haven't already validated. We had validated and it didn't seem to matter to IOM so it was good for us.

We didn't use them, purely because of flight times and turn around at the airport - we wanted to land in the afternoon and only have a couple of hours tops in Singapore airport - and those flights weren't available when we were travelling. The other thing for us at the time was that it was with Qantas

We didn't use them, purely because of flight times and turn around at the airport - we wanted to land in the afternoon and only have a couple of hours tops in Singapore airport - and those flights weren't available when we were travelling. The other thing for us at the time was that it was with Qantas

Is there a problem with Qantas apart from dodgy engines?

Is there a problem with Qantas apart from dodgy engines?

They've had a lot of industrial action (grounded their entire fleet the other week). Qantas are a bit like BA for me, over priced and the service isn't as good as Singapore or Emirates, Thai or Cathy (the other long haul airlines i've travelled with)

I just had a really good quote from them... £650 with 40kg... a return is about £1150.

I am planning on coming back in June though for a wedding... so don't know whether to get a return now and a one-way later?

What other airlines offer competitive one way fares? I've tired to ring Quantas a few times, but can't get through!

• Like 1

I got Singapore Airlines for £550 with 40kg from Manchester.

That's good... was that direct with Singapore airlines? Do you just call them and tell them you're a migrant to get the one way fare? Maybe it's cheaper as you are going to Perth?

I just want it all organised and to go now!!!