de facto living together requirement - working in different town

Guest tululajc

Guest tululajc

The posts on here have been really informative but I would like some advice regarding my personal situation if anyone can help? Immigration cannot be specific and I am having trouble getting hold of my local migration agent plus it seems to be rather expensive!

I really just want to know if it is worth submitting an application at all as obviously it is a lot of money to waste if I don't stand a good chance of getting approved. So, my story is...

I met my partner in December 2010 while I was on a 2nd working holiday visa and was living with him from January 2011, though I have no real proof of this as it is his dad's flat, so would only have statutory declarations plus board was still being taken from my wages for food.

My visa ran out on 4 March so I returned to my parents' house in England. I have got lots of proof of phone calls and emails for the 3 months that I was away. During this period I was applying for university, internships etc. in Australia so that I could come back and my partner and I booked a trip to see eachother in June in Vietnam. After we spent 3.5 weeks in Vietnam together I came back to Australia for a 6 week internship in Wadeye, again we stayed in regular contact. We then spent 2 weeks in Darwin together before flying to Nhulunbuy, which is where I have been since August living with him. He is financially supporting me as I was on a tourist visa and then a bridging visa A, and he did write a statement to this effect for me to send to the Student Loans Company in the UK.

I have been offered sponsorship off the back of my internship and so will have to return to Wadeye this month when my 457 visa gets granted. So basically we lived together for 2 months at the beginning of the year (but no real evidence), then have lived together for 3-4 months more recently. I have no real hope of moving back to where my boyfriend is unless we can get a de facto visa but then I am not sure if we can get a de facto visa if we are living apart.

I was not going to apply until January but I'm just trying to get my head around all of the paperwork and requirements now.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Could you not take up the job offer, and then your boyfriend move to where you are until you satisfy the 12 month period, at which point you will be able to apply for a de facto visa? I am no expert but. It sounds unlikely that you would meet the requirement now. Good luck :-)