Guest daveym

Permanent resident in nz moving to oz

Guest daveym

hello everyone and am new to the site.we are looking for advice and wondering if anyone can help us.we are poms residing in NZ and basically wife and kids are bored stiff here in NZ.NOW ARE LOOKING TO GO TO OZ.i am 44 years old(getting on now) and a boilermaker/welder working here.wife is a health care assistant at whangarei hospital and boy/girl,16 and 14 years old and 2 pommy and 1 kiwi dogs.i have a brother who is a oz citizen living in brisbane.are we eligible to move to oz,i know age is a concern but would it be easy to get into oz.i know all about meds and expressions of interest and ITA to apply.what do you guys reckon?

Welcome to the forum a few people around who have come over so hope that they come and give you some info on what to do.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Guest nikkidel

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to have NZ citizenship to be able to move to Aus, and not just PR.

I know people with Aus PR can reside in NZ, but I don't think it's the same the other way around.

Guest robsonsfamily

Hi all,

It's the same both ways around.

As long as you have PR and lived in NZ for 5 years.You can go straight there.

Hope that helps.

Guest daveym

thanks for the replys guys.we have been here in NZ for over 3 years now.the first year and half on a work to residence visa now permant residence since june 2010.after 2 years of PR it becomes indefinate meaning we can come and go as we please.after 5 years of PR we can become citizens which means we can move to oz without visas.as im 44 years old and wife and kids are getting bored and miserable about life in NZ,basically there is not much to do here,apart from lovely beaches,there is not much to do.time is running out

There is nothing to stop you applying for a 457, or any other PR visa. You'll just have to go through all the hoops that anybody else in the world would have to.

At tis stage in your NZ journey you get no special treatment as regards Australian immigration.

Hi all,

It's the same both ways around.

As long as you have PR and lived in NZ for 5 years.You can go straight there.

Hope that helps.

Sorry not true. You have to have NZ citizenship you can't just wait 5 years and then come. If you have been an NZ resident for 5 years then you are allowed to apply for citizenship.

If you don't like Whangarai why don't you move to somewhere like Wellington or Auckland. There is alot more going on there for the wife and kids.

We have PR in NZ and left after 4 yrs for family reasons, big mistake if we had just stayed another 18 months we could of go got our citizenship sorted and then we wouldn't have to start all over again with visa app again.

Guest daveym

thanks for the replies.i know what you are saying,after 5 years of residency can apply for citizenship,that will take me to 47/48 years old.the age barrier is catching up with me.tbh i cant be bothered with all the paperwork again,,medicals etc.we will see.lot more going on in auck and well.auck for us is a 2 and half hour drive.

Guest daveym

whereabouts were you in NZ shelleybr?

Guest nikkidel

I know this thread is a bit old now but I just wanted to say I can understand where you're coming from. We just spent two weeks up in Whangarei and hated it from day one. I know this is a personal opinion and others may love it, but from my point of view I understand your sentiment exactly. However, I do love Auckland's north shore and I reckon that if you couldn't get to Oz it might be worth trying to move down to the Auckland area, or perhaps somewhere else in NZ?

If my only experience of NZ was Whangarei then I'd want to leave too... (sorry to anyone who thinks Whangarei is great).

whereabouts were you in NZ shelleybr?

We were in Wellington. I loved it there, beautiful city with lots going on. Unfortunatly DH career path was better over here so we came here, but I loved it.