Benefits questions

Playghirl

Hello

I am a returning Aussie, have been gone nearly 20 years!! I was just keen to know what are the benefits you receive in Australia and how long must you be out of work //returned to Australia to receive them?

I am a teacher but am woried about if there is a gap between finding employment etc. I have two small babies would I get any support for them?

Horrible question but thougt I would explore it. Husband obviously would not qualify for benefits.

Hello

I am a returning Aussie, have been gone nearly 20 years!! I was just keen to know what are the benefits you receive in Australia and how long must you be out of work //returned to Australia to receive them?

I am a teacher but am woried about if there is a gap between finding employment etc. I have two small babies would I get any support for them?

Horrible question but thougt I would explore it. Husband obviously would not qualify for benefits.

As an Australian citizen you would be entitled to Family Assistance payments (Family Tax Benefit, Child Care Benefit and Rebate and the like). A lot of the payments are income based so the amount you'll get will depend on circumstances but they have an online calculator. More info on their website http://www.familyassist.gov.au/payments/family-assistance-payments/

I don't know about unemployment benefits and the like, you'd have to look at the Centrelink website for more info on those sorts of payments.

• 3 weeks later...