Hello guys ,we're new too this ,hopefully arriving in Melbourne in 6 weeks

cheznandi

Hy guys ,me and my family are hopefully only 4/6 weeks from getting the verdict and start to a new great life for me and the family ,

Job is ready and waiting ,brother already living in williamstown ,which may come handy haha

Read some great stuff on here and some worrying stuff as well ,so plenty to go over ,ie renting and schools,but as some one on here keeps saying just roll up and it be fine

Anyway spk soon ,Andinchez

Cheers cal ,glad to hear it ,we're from Bolton so not far from you .

We're hoping it's the best for he kids and us ,,

Schools are a concern ,for instance one of my girls is 16 now and at college ,I think she will go into yr 11 in oz is that correct ?and I've read some worrying stuff on landlords ,we have chosen an area with new builds to rent so hopefully all be good

Thanks for your reply we appreciate it ,spk again soon

Andinchez

Im Bolton born and bred ,lol and moved to Bury at 17 with my now hubby.

Some rental agents can be a nightmare but ive only really got experience of QLD so hard to comment on what it will be like for you. Just get everything and anything in writing, i have found agents cant keep their word and i slipped up with that a couple of times.

Lots of luck with it all

Cal x

Belting ,glad to hear someone else from Bolton ,cold over here now ,,I was wondering if you new about schools etc,my eldest girl is 18 in dec ,we are planning on coming over around Xmas time ,would she then have to apply for uni because she is too old for school ie,yr 11 ,she will have 2 a levels with her .

Help anyone plz ,thanks Andi n chez

Cheers Caroline ,how r u ,yes my second oldest is 16 and will go into yr 11, but the problems have is my eldest is 18 in a few weeks and will be to old for yr 11 I think ,so will have to go either into yr 12 or apply for uni ,,confused :-(

Goin into yr 12 wont be good as she won't no anything about yr 11 ,,,,she has acquired 2 a levels from college so I'm hoping these will help .

Thanks for your help Caroline .

Are you like us a bit nervous now

Blimey yes, nervous, excited all the emotions possible lol. Where abouts are you hoping to move to? We want to be around Point Cook area as my daughter likes the sound of Point Cook Senior. I couldnt help you with your 18 year old unfortunately:confused:. We have an 11 year old too who will be starting in year 6.

Caroline

Hy, we're hoping to move to the same area ,point cook ,altona,Seabrook werribee etc ,my brother lives in williamstown just up the road ,,are your kids looking forward to it,,,,,point cook. Is a cool area I'm told ,nice new houses ,beach and marina ,and a few poms hanging around which helps eh ,,,Andinchez