Pre School options

Guest riknbev

Guest riknbev

Hi everyone I wondered if anyone could offer some advice.

We are planning on migrating over to Perth in 2012 and we have 3 children, our youngest will be 4 .

At the moment in the UK she is in reception class and doing really well , what would be our options in Oz ? is they anything part time , or pre school ect ? Ideally we would like to wait until the starting year but we feel my wife may need to find work therefore we may have a childcare issue.

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

thanks

riknbev :biggrin:

Guest shusselmann

Hi,

This page of information from the WA Department of Education is probably what you need: http://det.wa.edu.au/schoolsandyou/detcms/navigation/parents-and-community/kindergarten-and-pre-primary/?oid=Category-id-3869595

Depending on your four years old's date of birth they will be eligible to attend Kindergarten (the year before primary school) for several hours a week, or by the time you get here they may be able to join the first year of primary school (called pre-primary).

It will also depend where you're going to live - if you know where you'll be living or have a vague idea you could contact a few schools to see what they recommend.

Good luck with your plans!

Depends when your 4 yr birthday is. If they are 5 before June 30 2012 they would start in Preprimary in Feb, if they are 5 after that date they would start kindy in feb. Pre primary is 5 days a week 8:45 - 2:45. My fellas kindy is 2 days a week 8:45 - 2 :45. We arrived here in Sep and got him into kindy for the October term and he is starting preprimary in Feb. The schools won't put their name down until you are living in the area, I had to go to the school to enrol him. The kindy was a bit different cause it is a community kindy so not governed by the same rules as the school kindy.