Police checks

Mummy Mann

http://www.acpo.police.uk/documents/Application_Form.pdf

This is the application form, you also need a passport photo that is certified by someone that has known you for 2 years in specific occupatuion.

COpy of passport

2 proofs of address (we used council tax bill & bank statement)

Cheque for £35

Having these Items sorted would speed up getting your police check done.

For the passport photo, I took photos our self with digital camera, used idphotoforyou.com (select the 4x6 of 5x7 print size) we went to Costco and got printed for 20p sheet. But could get printed anywhere cheap.

I have another question :0)

Once I have received the police check back in the post, do I then just scan it and upload it to my visa application or does it need to be posted on to the diac ?

Kind regards

Yes, just colour scan it, and upload it like you did with other docs, think under overseas police clearence.

Guest VickyMel

If I remember correctly you will need a PCC for any country that you have stayed in for a year or more.

Yup if not in English they need to be officially translated.

Hello there,

New to this website as well.... would like to get my police check done and medical - is it better to wait until nearer the time/ is there an expiry date with these checks?

Info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

:biggrin:

They are only valid for 1 year so wait until your CO asks usually.:wink:

Just pop into your local police station and they'll do it for you.

No, not any more. That was the old "subject access" system. Now it has to be done via the ACPO.

Regarding translation of foreign language police checks, my wife had to have a Ukrainian police check but we didn't have to have it translated - we just scanned it to them. It probably comes down to what the police check actually says. DIAC probably have the experience to read "NO RECORD" in virtually any language but if it gives details of offences then they'll need a translation in detail.

No, not any more. That was the old "subject access" system. Regarding translation of foreign language police checks, my wife had to have a Ukrainian police check but we didn't have to have it translated - we just scanned it to them. It probably comes down to what the police check actually says. DIAC probably have the experience to read "NO RECORD" in virtually any language but if it gives details of offences then they'll need a translation in detail.

thanks for confirming this Ken! that's what I thought, after I couldn't find the request for translation anywhere on the diac's pages..

mine is in French, so no special characters there..

Regarding translation of foreign language police checks, my wife had to have a Ukrainian police check but we didn't have to have it translated - we just scanned it to them. It probably comes down to what the police check actually says. DIAC probably have the experience to read "NO RECORD" in virtually any language but if it gives details of offences then they'll need a translation in detail.

Sorry, cancel that. I've just looked up the original Ukrainian police check and as it was actually issued by the Ukrainian Embassy in London (after checking with the police - I recall it took them several weeks) they wrote it in English!

thanks for confirming this Ken! that's what I thought, after I couldn't find the request for translation anywhere on the diac's pages..

mine is in French, so no special characters there..

We had to get the our French PC translated. As its just a box with line through it. But you dont need to pay for the French PC so it balanced out the cost getting it translated.

They are only valid for 1 year so wait until your CO asks usually.:wink:

Hi, One query here. I have lived in a different country (not my home) from 2007~2009. I requested for, and attained the PCC from the respective embassy in Nov 2010. Considering that i would be allocated a CO in another few months, would i be required to re-request a new PCC from this country, since it would be more than a year since i have received it? Or a fresh PCC applicable only for the current resident/home country?

Hi, One query here. I have lived in a different country (not my home) from 2007~2009. I requested for, and attained the PCC from the respective embassy in Nov 2010. Considering that i would be allocated a CO in another few months, would i be required to re-request a new PCC from this country, since it would be more than a year since i have received it? Or a fresh PCC applicable only for the current resident/home country?

Unfortunately you need a PCC which is less than one year old for any country you've lived in for more than one year in the past 10 years - even if you haven't been there since the original PCC was done.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

Silly question here.

Regarding police checks: Do I need to make a full copy of my passport, including all the stamps from every country I've ever visited, or are they just after the bio page with the important personal information on? I've been to many countries and it would take a lot of ink to make a FULL copy.

Thanks

Hello All,

Silly question here.

Regarding police checks: Do I need to make a full copy of my passport, including all the stamps from every country I've ever visited, or are they just after the bio page with the important personal information on? I've been to many countries and it would take a lot of ink to make a FULL copy.

Thanks

I am getting mine ready now to post tomorrow.

On the supporting document page it says

Copy of your passport- clearly showing passport photo, personal information including expiry date, extension pages if applicable and signature.

Hope this helps x

Mummy Mann, Thanks for getting back..

I am also preparing mine right now, though I might nip out and put it in the box tonight, because I ain't no early riser!

I have decided just to copy the bio page as this contains most of the info requested. I think the bit about the extension pages threw me because I know that people who travel a lot can get extra pages attached to their passport to contain all the stamps. This implied that they wanted a complete copy of the passport from cover to cover but, on closer inspection, I don't think this is what they're after, I could be wrong...

Good luck anyway,

Strick

Mummy Mann, Thanks for getting back..

I am also preparing mine right now, though I might nip out and put it in the box tonight, because I ain't no early riser!

I have decided just to copy the bio page as this contains most of the info requested. I think the bit about the extension pages threw me because I know that people who travel a lot can get extra pages attached to their passport to contain all the stamps. This implied that they wanted a complete copy of the passport from cover to cover but, on closer inspection, I don't think this is what they're after, I could be wrong...

Good luck anyway,

Strick

All I have done is copy the main page with the info on too. I can't imagine the rest is any good. Good luck with yours too!! I have just e-mailed my booking form for our medicals so I'm on a bit of a roll tonight lol